Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Save your right to drive on the beaches of NC (OBX). PLEA-CAST

Old 05-05-2008, 05:32 AM
enya mouf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU
Default Re: Save your right to drive on the beaches of NC (OBX). PLEA-CAST

Luckily they haven't threatened the Southern Shores 'yet' (afaik) but the closures that were agreed on aren't too harsh IMO. I think it really sucks you can't just hop on the beach at Sand Bridge and roll into Carova but we all know that will never be allowed again. My pops said it best a while back (like 10 years ago) that they shoulda been charging people for the beach use to maintain the shores. I'dve gladly paid a small fee for a daily pass or even dropped a few hunnys on an annual pass if the money was going to preserving the resources. Maybe we wouldn't be in this prediciment now if they had funds and a plan in place already.

I'd also pay good money if they had some dunes available to drive on, but again.... it'll never happen in the Banx.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:56 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jebsurf
O and the commute is not that bad. I work in norfolk and when I leave from the beach it takes me a hr and 10-15 min to get to work. But you have to take the boat over to knotts island and leave from there.And from KI it is exactly 50 miles to norfolk int. terminals.
My wife doesn't want to do the 1:15 minute drive...I don't care. Besides, I have a company truck with a company card. Found a nice place not too far into Moyock by the sound...would have been sweet.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DeezUU
My pops said it best a while back (like 10 years ago) that they shoulda been charging people for the beach use to maintain the shores...
They do just that on Assateague Island, I think it is $10/ day or something...not a lot.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Project in the makin

HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

is there anything about carrolla closing? i just bought a 4x4 in hopes to go to the beach this weekend
Old 05-08-2008, 06:40 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

found this article...

http://obsentinel.womacknewspapers.c...s/tops2453.txt
Old 05-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
They do just that on Assateague Island, I think it is $10/ day or something...not a lot.
Shit I would pay 20$ every time if they would let me drive trough false cape!

Originally Posted by HondaCRXsiHatch
is there anything about carrolla closing? i just bought a 4x4 in hopes to go to the beach this weekend
LOL NO! Take it down there bro and have fun. Just don't be a JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( And yes you can have fun with out being a jackass)

Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK
Shit that aint so bad after all.well except for the no driving at night part. I got kind of a crazy story about driving down there at night. I was going down there for the weekend to do some offshore fishing with my friend eric(on the boat Good Times out of Hatteras harbor) for the weekend. Well he calls me late thursday night and says " hey bro I was driving down the beach tonight and I found something crazy I want to show you when you get down here". So anyhow I get down there friday night about 9pm or so. And we go down stairs and he said " do you remember about a mo. ago 2 guys capsized there small fishing boat in the inlet and where never found? " and I said yea I remember seeing something about it on the news. He walked over to this tarp and pulled back the tarp the it appeared to be a human spinal cord. I said dude you have got to be kidding me! Any how he told me in the morning his roommate was going to call the police and tell them what they found blah blah blah. Well any how next morning we go fishing come back to the house and erics roommate told us he called the cops and they picked it up and they where sending it to a lab to actually see if it was indeed human or not and they would call them back to let them know the deal. Well I went home the next day and called eric that Thursday and asked him if he had heard anything back yet and he told me to call him back in a week or so . 2 days later I got a dreadful call from erics roommate saying that my friend eric had passed away. Kind of crazy to say the least! I never got to find out if it was a human spinal cord or not. And at the funeral I dint really know his friends all that well and I dint want to bring it up sooooooo I guess that was one he took to the grave with him and one I will never know.

Cliff notes
went down to Hatteras to go offshore fishing with a friend
friend of mine(same guy) that lived down there told me he thought he found human remains
he showed me what he thought and to me really appeared to be a human spinal cord
cops pick it up and send it to a lab to be tested
Friend passes away before I could find out if it was human or not.

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 05-09-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:12 PM
registeredbeerdrinkr

mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
I have heard that now you can't hit the beaches until July. Can anyone confirm this? And does this also pertain to the northern beaches like Corova and Swan Beach? Not real sure how you can close North 12 since there are some people that live there year round?
No it would not affect them. Google it, I found a lot of good stuff about corolla, and the North 12 beaches. Top 10 un-discovered beaches in the world at our door step!!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 PM
registeredbeerdrinkr

mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.outerbanks.com/corolla/
check it out....
I got married on the beach at mp 21 the house is called see-ya-round
Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Hatteras sucked this past weekend. None of the side trails were open and there was only about 2 miles of beach to drive on by where we camped.

Damn hippies
Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Can anyone confirm that Oregon Inlet is completely shut down and that Corolla is still open to ORV's?

Quick Reply: Save your right to drive on the beaches of NC (OBX). PLEA-CAST