Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Off-road places

Old 03-21-2005, 07:07 PM
follow me if you can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigd0915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off-road places

ive dealt a little with hi-co when they first opened up, they wernt very expiereneced back then. not sure about now. when you go pick it up, make sure everythign works, throttle, shifting, steering, AC, heat, cruise control, and look arround under the hood to make sure nothing is un necesarally stretched.

wouldnt recommend hi-dust, i dont like them at all. go to pungo, they are much better.

i probally have all the shit to body lift it at least pucks/bolts, dont know what kind of steering/shift linkage has to be modded for a jimmy. but i dont have the time.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:03 PM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigd0915
ive dealt a little with hi-co when they first opened up, they wernt very expiereneced back then. not sure about now. when you go pick it up, make sure everythign works, throttle, shifting, steering, AC, heat, cruise control, and look arround under the hood to make sure nothing is un necesarally stretched.

wouldnt recommend hi-dust, i dont like them at all. go to pungo, they are much better.

i probally have all the shit to body lift it at least pucks/bolts, dont know what kind of steering/shift linkage has to be modded for a jimmy. but i dont have the time.
I knew I was forgetting a place. I'll check out pungo. I've heard alright stuff about hi-dust but I've heard good things about hi-co also. I've run into a new problem though. My wheel wells aren't wide enough to hold 31" tires. I'm not sure what kind of shaving is going to be neccessary and im worried itll just cost me more money.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Talk to Rob at Pungo Offroad! Id go there!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:16 PM
d00d

Update:

I've been trying to set up something with hi-co for this whole week and they're being really shitty about it. I called on monday and got a quote. Called again on tuesday to set up an appointment. They said they would call back, but never did. Called again yesterday and no one would even pick up. I called again today and they said they'de call me back later. I waited for a few hours and didn't get anything. This shit is really starting to piss me off. I'm tired of playing phone tage with these idiots, when I could just go to somewhere a little farther away. I'm calling one more time tommorow, and if it turns out the same as the other days, I'm going to the next place.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

call me at the shop i might be able to get you in next week. No we arent the cheapest guy in town, but you get what you pay for. every bolt on your body lift that we touch is marked and torqued back to factory specs, and when the truck is done we do a 30 point check list, test drive the truck, then we get you to come back after 3-5 days for a free re-tighten on the truck and to make sure everything is going well. ask for zack. 461-2600
Old 03-25-2005, 06:07 PM
d00d

Well, I tried to call hi-co one more time today and they wouldn't answer. So, I called Pungo and they said they'de do everything for 450. I took it in today and the owner said it would be ready by monday. I'll post some pics when I get it back.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

nosman757 has disabled reputation

time to go hit the mudd!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 PM
i love boost

FATBITCH is an unknown quantity at this point

ETA will do the best work even though more money
Old 03-29-2005, 02:53 PM
d00d

total cost: $473.63

I took to Pungo and when I got it back it had some major problems:

1)They never lifted the rear bumper and now there is a gaping, ugly as hell, gap. When I called and asked them what happened they said they didn't lift it because I had a tow bar on there and thought I might want to tow something. That just sounds like an excuse instead of admitting they fucked up. If they really thought that they would have asked me before they even did the lift.

2) This is the biggest problem. My steering is completely fucked. I don't know much about lifts so I thought the steering might be rough the few first miles until the extensions get broken in, but apparently there is something very wrong with my steering and it isn't going away. Whenever I turn the wheel it sticks in that direction and won't return. It's like 5X times harder to turn the wheel than it used to be. I feel like I've lost power steering altogether. When I called them about this they told me to check the power steering fluid. I checked the fluid, it was moderately low. After I refilled it, the steering was still acting up. All I'm wondering is why they don't test drive the vehicle they work on to check for these kind of problems. Did they not notice how much more difficult it was to steer the goddamn thing when they parked it? Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed because tommorow I have to go all the way back up there and wait for them to fix all that shit.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
d00d

Originally Posted by nosman757
time to go hit the mudd!!!
Yeah, you'de never do it even though you have a 4x4. Please, prove me wrong.

Quick Reply: Off-road places