Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Need info, Cherokee shift linkage T/C

Old 05-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Change the game

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobdigi18 will become famous soon enoughbobdigi18 will become famous soon enough
Default Need info, Cherokee shift linkage T/C

I am in the process of removing the transmission in my 1995 Cherokee. The question I have is in reference to the shift linkage for the transfer case. I can not figue out how to remove it. There is an adjustment bolt that you can remove, the linkage will then slide to the end of the bar that is connected to the shifter. The problem is that the end of the bar is larger than the rest of the bar so you cant slide the attachment off. I checked under my 1996 cherokee and it is the same. I checked the repair manual and the instructions under transfer case removal state "remove shift linkage" so that wasnt a big help. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
OBD II sucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mudstuck98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need info, Cherokee shift linkage T/C

there is one big link that attaches to the lever that is bolted on the t-case. The two ends of the big link had have points on them, which insert through right rubber grommets. To remove the big link on mine, I pryed it out of the grommets with a flathead screwdriver.