Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Shift Fork or Shift Linkage Stabilizer Pin? ('00 Civic w/ JDM B16A)**PICS**

Old 08-02-2003, 11:47 AM
FredVegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about
Default Shift Fork or Shift Linkage Stabilizer Pin? ('00 Civic w/ JDM B16A)**PICS**

Alright, I think i posted my tranny problem up on here but if not heres my problem:

i was driving down the road, and i was gettin on it, got into VTEC and all the sudden the tranny would not go into gear, well it finally did....Now it takes like the godly strength of man to get it to go into gear, now it stays in gear when its in, no grinds or nothing....

So I narrowed down the problem, its either A - My Shift Fork or B - The stabilizer pin that goes into the shift linkage.

Clutch is fine and so is tranny...

Now this is the firs time i have ever messed with the shift linkage and i was told there was a pin in the shift rod that stabilizes it for smooth shifts, and when its gone its hard as hell. Alot of my friends said, after alot of hard shifting the pin will break and fall out (my problem im having now)...

Pics:

Does it look like i have that pin? I cant tell from the pictures in the haynes manual, its too small..
Old 08-02-2003, 12:18 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

the pin looks fine...i guess it would be internal tranny problem which is foreign to me...

Last edited by Bert; 08-02-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:30 PM
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by HybridBert
the pin looks fine...i guess it would be internal tranny problem which is foreign to me...
Clutch arm is moving fine...but i dont think the throw out bearing would cause any shifting problems though...
Old 08-02-2003, 12:59 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

so how did you elimiate the clutch as not being a problem?...if the pressure plate is messed up then the transmission isn't disengaging the motor making it hard to shift...just by looking at the arm cannot tell you the condition of the clutch...i would remove the tranny and see the clutch...if it isn't the clutch, replace the tranny or repair it while it is out...either way you have to remove the tranny
Old 08-02-2003, 01:02 PM
FredVegas

Originally posted by HybridBert
so how did you elimiate the clutch as not being a problem?...if the pressure plate is messed up then the transmission isn't disengaging the motor making it hard to shift...just by looking at the arm cannot tell you the condition of the clutch...i would remove the tranny and see the clutch...if it isn't the clutch, replace the tranny or repair it while it is out...either way you have to remove the tranny
Thanks man, im doing that tonight...