Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Lift Height restrictions

Old 09-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cpakc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lift Height restrictions

Originally Posted by Treat
I don't now how to copy wat other people type but to the guy that asked how u can get a ticket if u have texas tags it would be no diff then using a radar detector in a state that dosent alow them...and they will take ur truck if they catch u to many times even with diff tags

Wrong: it's called a reciprocity agreement that states have. Unless you are a resident of VA but still run another states tags, then you are exempt from their regulatory laws. Radar detectors/Speeding/Running Stop Signs, etc... are different because they are not included in agreements. You simply can unplug a detecotr and put it in your glovebox, as where modifying suspension,exhaust,engine,tint,wheels etc.... are not as easy and are included in said agreements. Ofcourse you'll never get a state trooper to agree with you and get handed said tickets anyway, and you'll bring a copy of your states reciprocity agreement into court and the tickets will be dismissed.

Oh and WV is very lax on lift restrictions, but not so much on lowering restrictions. It's a minimum of 12" ground clearance from bottom of bumper, but there is no maximum bumper height restrictions. Also none of the restrictions are doggedly enforced here to the fanatical extent of say VA. Everything is a fix-it ticket, and inspection standards are very basic. All in All I'd call WV a very Car/Truck enthusiast friendly state as where VA is more of a Communist China regime car enthusiast state. If anybody is serious about moving out of said communist regime I'd suggest a visit to WV first to quell all the retarded inbred WV rumors for yourself. Then by yourself a 10-12 acre unrestricted paradise lot with 3000 sq ft. home here for the price of a 2 bedroom townhouse in VA. just my .02