Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Lets get something straight.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Lets get something straight.

I dont want to be a dick but I feel this should be discussed. First of all there is a difference between muddin' and offroading. Anyone and their grandma can drive into a mudpit and smash the gas. Posting meet spots to go mudding is a poor idea as most of the time its on private property or some place where you shoulding be tearing up land. Posting trips to go to legit offroading places where youre climbing through pits, over rocks, through trails etc is okay..

And remember, just because you have a 4x4 doesnt mean you should go crazy offroading. Know your limitations and tread lightly. I know the experienced 4x4 people will agree with me.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Lets get something straight.

Yessir. That's why I asked in that other post if the spots they were talking about were legit or not. It would suck for all of us to get nailed with 39478 tickets for trespassing.

We could go mudding in the field next to the 2nd Precinct by my house.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:53 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

My Jeep is hardly a mud bogger with all stock drivetrain specs, but its capable for most situations. I also dont do anything that would cause body damage, as its not my beater, its my daily driver. However, I prefer legal casual, light treading in Corolla or something over tearing up someones provate property. I am always open to local, permitted spots, as well.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gear
I dont want to be a dick but I feel this should be discussed. First of all there is a difference between muddin' and offroading. Anyone and their grandma can drive into a mudpit and smash the gas. Posting meet spots to go mudding is a poor idea as most of the time its on private property or some place where you shoulding be tearing up land. Posting trips to go to legit offroading places where youre climbing through pits, over rocks, through trails etc is okay..

And remember, just because you have a 4x4 doesnt mean you should go crazy offroading. Know your limitations and tread lightly. I know the experienced 4x4 people will agree with me.

I agree with everything you just said my friend. Just because you have 4 wheeldrive does not give you permission to trash other people's property or go and destroy construction sites. And if you do go on someone's property with there permission please try to leave it the way you found, don't go and try to root everything up and litter all over the place, because this will ruin 4 wheeling for everyone else.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

precisesly... because afterall if youre destroying the land, whats going to be there for the next offroader?
Old 04-05-2005, 11:26 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by SHOFEAR94
My Jeep is hardly a mud bogger with all stock drivetrain specs, but its capable for most situations. I also dont do anything that would cause body damage, as its not my beater, its my daily driver. However, I prefer legal casual, light treading in Corolla or something over tearing up someones provate property. I am always open to local, permitted spots, as well.
I agree with ya two. My jeep is totally stock but can handle little bit of stuff but that doesn’t mean it can go anywhere. Def know your limitations.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by gear
precisesly... because afterall if youre destroying the land, whats going to be there for the next offroader?
I actually have more fun driving through other peoples mistakes.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 PM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really care if a place is legit. I'm willing to take a chance and accept the consequences if I'm busted. The place my friend goes to would be really hard for cops to get to through because the gate is usually closed and you have to climb a hill to get over it.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duder
I don't really care if a place is legit. I'm willing to take a chance and accept the consequences if I'm busted. The place my friend goes to would be really hard for cops to get to through because the gate is usually closed and you have to climb a hill to get over it.
See it is people like you that give who enjoy wheeling and respect the land a bad name.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:00 PM
DaveMcDirt

davethacraker is an unknown quantity at this point

i like goin to legit mudbogs and stuff but i also like just goin down random cuts in the woods just to see what they go from time to time ,i wouldent go anywhere i felt like i shouldent be though and usually when i do somthin like that its just some of that "your truck caint go through this mud hole i know of"shit im that sure every one on the 4x4 fourm hears from time to time,i do like to know the land owner or atleast know their reputation so il know how they might react to someone cuttn up on his land forsure though lol

Quick Reply: Lets get something straight.