Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

it's started

Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default it's started

Finally got it dropped. Next step is disassembly then sandblasting, weld on upper axle truss and weld on the diff. armor... then she goes for powdercoating and reassembly. I'll try to keep this thread updated with pics throughout the sas.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default Re: it's started

Alright! Hurry and get it done already...haha. When do you think you'll finish it?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Ivy Tadita

Originally Posted by XratedSi
Alright! Hurry and get it done already...haha. When do you think you'll finish it?
Not sure. I'm gonna take my time on it and do it right though. I'm planning to do six shooter knuckles and ram assist from the get go so it is just a matter of getting all of the funding together.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Engineer

varocktoy has disabled reputation

Sweet! Ya i deff recomend doing something to the steering cause it didnt take long to break mine. Im getting the six shooter as well but i would have just replaced the stock bolts with the heavy duty ones but the bolts broke inside my nuckle and theres a crack. Also found out today when i was pulling everything apart that it broke my steering arm.. Fawkin gay. ha. Good luck with the swap. If you were a little closer id come and give you a hand if you needed it.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Ivy Tadita

fortunately for my sake there are 3 or 4 other sas yotas in the area that are willing to give me a hand.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Progress?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Ivy Tadita

I've started tearing the axle apart. It's a slow progress though. I don't have much free time at the moment. I have my daughter on the week nights and I have a wedding october 6th, so getting ready for that takes most of my weekend. After the wedding I should be able to kick it up a notch.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:11 PM
r0tard

Congrats, and believe me, i understand. I thought my Zuk would be done 4th of July....LOL.