Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

help...easiest way for 35's

Old 03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
SJK
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SJK is on a distinguished road
Default help...easiest way for 35's

whats the best/cheapest way to lift a 89-94 toyota pickup to fit 35's? And also some suggestions on brands. thanks.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: help...easiest way for 35's

Lots of fender trimming + no lift. Yes, I have seen it done before.

3" body lift you can fit them as long as they are not too wide but if it will be seeing something other than pavement then I would not try to cram them in there with just a 3" bl.

The best alternative but definitely the most expensive would be to get a bracket lift. If that is what you are trying to avoid then you could go with a body lift +bj spacer and shackle lift or AAL combination.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
SJK
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cootees
Lots of fender trimming + no lift. Yes, I have seen it done before.

3" body lift you can fit them as long as they are not too wide but if it will be seeing something other than pavement then I would not try to cram them in there with just a 3" bl.

The best alternative but definitely the most expensive would be to get a bracket lift. If that is what you are trying to avoid then you could go with a body lift +bj spacer and shackle lift or AAL combination.
those are good ideas, not really into cutting tho. and also i take the truck off road alot so 3inch body wont work by itself. 2inch body + 4inch a good setup?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Well, specify how you plan to get 4" suspension. If you go with a lift kit that is 4" it is going to consist of a bracket lift. which you may be able to get up to a 5" bracket lift. You could fit 35s comfortable with a 4" bracket lift as long as the tires are not too wide. Stay with a 12.50 width and you should be alright.

I always tried to steer clear of body lifts. I personally don't like them unless you are trying to get a flat belly in which you would also be doing a drivetrain lift.

This is what I did for the front of my 4runner. I ran the bj spacer and cranked my t-bars. That allowed me to fit 35's and I only had 3-3.5" of lift. I never ran 35's on it but I did test fit them with my IFS before I went to a solid axle.

Here is the 4runner lifted with 32's.

And here is where I test fit the 35's... you can see the clearence.. though keep in mind these tures are badly worn and they are also 14.50 wide.

As you can tell they fit comfortably enough even if they were new. I would of needed to trim the front valance or take it off but that gives you a cheaper alternative to a lift.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
SJK
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cootees
Well, specify how you plan to get 4" suspension. If you go with a lift kit that is 4" it is going to consist of a bracket lift. which you may be able to get up to a 5" bracket lift. You could fit 35s comfortable with a 4" bracket lift as long as the tires are not too wide. Stay with a 12.50 width and you should be alright.

I always tried to steer clear of body lifts. I personally don't like them unless you are trying to get a flat belly in which you would also be doing a drivetrain lift.

This is what I did for the front of my 4runner. I ran the bj spacer and cranked my t-bars. That allowed me to fit 35's and I only had 3-3.5" of lift. I never ran 35's on it but I did test fit them with my IFS before I went to a solid axle.

Here is the 4runner lifted with 32's.

And here is where I test fit the 35's... you can see the clearence.. though keep in mind these tures are badly worn and they are also 14.50 wide.

As you can tell they fit comfortably enough even if they were new. I would of needed to trim the front valance or take it off but that gives you a cheaper alternative to a lift.
that sounds like a good setup, thanks. know any decent lift kit companies? im feeling procomp but dont know really which one to get
Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Old 03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

ttora.com, yotatech.com, pirate4x4.com are your best friends. LOADS of info...
Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
SJK
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jebsurf
haha, yes its cheap, but not a big fan of cutting
Old 03-23-2009, 06:36 PM
SJK
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WutupYo
ttora.com, yotatech.com, pirate4x4.com are your best friends. LOADS of info...
thanks these websites helped out alot. ttora.com is pretty good for classifieds also
Old 03-23-2009, 07:25 PM
no vtec ftw

BradEK is a name known to allBradEK is a name known to allBradEK is a name known to allBradEK is a name known to allBradEK is a name known to allBradEK is a name known to all

if you want to get a lift then
i think rough country is the cheapest but im not positive
and those body styles are great for tire clearance so you might be able to get it with 3 inches

Quick Reply: help...easiest way for 35's