Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

4 cyl to 6 cyl question

Old 02-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default 4 cyl to 6 cyl question

Like title says any shops around here that will do it and any idea on the price? It'll be for a 97 TJ. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:35 AM
tow for you

ynofun has disabled reputation
Default Re: 4 cyl to 6 cyl question

we have done the 4 to 8 b4 in the jeeps. ran the guy aroud $1000. but we had to pull the v8 and do alot of costom work yo make it work. what all do you have for the swap?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

well havnt decided on the actual swap yet, i thought maybe the 4.0L engine but maybe if its about the same price dropping in a V8 would be just as good. I'm mainly just trying to see if there are any shops in VA that will do it.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

YJfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

I was interested in teh same thing about 2 years ago for my jeep. I asked around to a couple different shops. All of them said that if i was to get everything taht i would need together and all they had to do was the labor of putting it together, the labor would be between $3500 and up from there depending on what engine, etc taht i would be using and how much they would have to modify to get it to work. In the end i had a reman 4 put in, the whole process cost less than just the labor for the upgrade, now i just live with it.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Taking the shot

did you re-gear then to 410's? What setup are you runing?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:11 PM
tow for you

i talked to my bud on this. he has done the 4 to 4.3 v6 and can give you the list of every thing you need. might take a week to do it. would be done in the afternoons at home shop. will do for $800 if you you go 4.3.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Taking the shot

wait 4.3? I thought the common swap was to the inline 4.0 what car did he get a 4.3 engine out of?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Boost!

SloB18hatch has disabled reputation

its a chevy 4.3 vortech awesome motor
Old 02-19-2006, 06:24 PM
tow for you

he did not get it out of a car. was a new gm crate motor.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by SloB18hatch
its a chevy 4.3 vortech awesome motor
O ya i know about the 4.3 they came in S-10s and Blazers right?

Quick Reply: 4 cyl to 6 cyl question