Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Possible car theives spotted in Manassas?

Old 11-14-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to behold
Default Possible car theives spotted in Manassas?

Looking online on my computer at dragva around 7:00 pm, I hear a very loud exhaust note enter my cal-de-saq. Suspicious enough, I see this very dark civic 92-95 (could tell by the shape of headlights and taillights in the dark and the glare of the street lights hitting the car). I see glowing blue headunit or neons inside and i can hear the car creep (like holding the clutch in slightly and pressing the gas at the same time) and then go into neutral many times coasting thru my neighborhood.
My room overlooks the whole backway and deadend of my neighborhood. I see the car stop first, at the first row of visitor parking spaces, start to go then immediately coast to the other set of visitor spots. I then immediately notice a flashlight turn on inside the car pointing at the backs of some cars, like they are checking license plate tags or something?!? I keep an eye out on them the whole time, and they go all the way to the back where its a dead end but its a circle parking space lot (I live in a townhouse neighborhood).
Wierd enough, it stops and turns off its lights in the middle of the road. Stays there for about 30 seconds i would say. Then immediately backtrack and leave. I then realize, where they stopped in front of, i know someone that drives a white, late-model acura integra gsr that lives up and parks in the space where the supicious civic stopped in front of.

Could I have witnessed a target for a later date car theft?

I hear stories at burger king manssas about spanish people in cars that coast around neighborhoods and look for specific cars to identify where they will be so they can steal them at a later date.

This incident happened in my neighborhood in bristow/gainsville, on linton hall road, near where ricer(burger) king manassas is. In the community subsection of braemar (where i live).

I'm just letting people who live near me know about the supicious activity that took place ( i could be wrong though about this ).
Old 11-14-2004, 03:17 PM

mbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Possible car theives spotted in Manassas?

I'm going to let my neighbor who owns the acura gsr know what i saw tommorrow.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:47 PM

E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Same MO.. black honda civics with neon underglow, the lab results came back the same too.. mushimoto MX tires.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I would report that to the owner just to give him a heads up.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:52 PM

Yeah, I'll do that tom as well as me laying on the ground and doing tests to identify the tread pattern left from their peel-out.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:54 PM

Omg, wtf, they came back again. brb.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Banned

publicenemy137 is an unknown quantity at this point

follow em and find out where they live
Old 11-14-2004, 05:01 PM

E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mbui00
Yeah, I'll do that tom as well as me laying on the ground and doing tests to identify the tread pattern left from their peel-out.
It's toretto.. it always has been. Don't let your feelings for her get in the way.

Originally Posted by publicenemy137
follow em and find out where they live
That too.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
soon to be EG

CrazyAznRacer has disabled reputation
Cool Re: Possible car theives spotted in Manassas?

Originally Posted by mbui00
Omg, wtf, they came back again. brb.
CALL THE COPS AND GET THERE LICENSE NUMBER AND SAY TO THE COPS SPANISH DUDES ARE COMING IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND LOOK LIKE THERE GOING TO STEAL THE INTEGRA!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:40 PM
*Latinus Spicticus*

acuratuner00 has disabled reputation

it could be johnny tran.....but unless you think otherwise....they should move in...

but seriously though...keep an eye out...
Old 11-14-2004, 06:02 PM

EG1sol has disabled reputation

Wow, thats shady cause Ive been to your neighborhood before and it would be really random for somone to be "lost" and driving around there.

Quick Reply: Possible car theives spotted in Manassas?