Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

new to the honda scene...help!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmdevildog16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to the honda scene...help!

i have a 91 civic si hatch, right now it just has a body kit on it but i want to make it a little quicker and also get some better suspension...does anyone have any ideas for me. Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 06:15 AM

517716 has disabled reputation
Default Re: new to the honda scene...help!

First off, dont look for help here.. you may get discouraged... Secondly, just google it, try honda-tech.com and other various sties for info. There is a LOT of information out there, you just have to READ READ and READ.

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:21 AM
yezzur

aznboiadriano has disabled reputation

vinyls, 20 inch chrome rims, candy paint and a big ass spoiler.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

if your trying to make it faster by bolt-on's on the stock motor then you are waisting your time. you wont ever notice a difference from I/H/E. your best bet is to do a motor swap or build the stock motor for a little turbo setup. if i had the option of swaping in a B-series motor with a turbo kit or just swaping in a K-motor N/A. I would deff. choose the K motor route. The first thing you should do is make a resonable budget.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:26 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

your profile said that you have a b16a. you might have wanted to mention that in the origional post.

as for suspension. everyone has there own opinions but i loved my H&R coilovers.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 AM
yezzur

aznboiadriano has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
your profile said that you have a b16a. you might have wanted to mention that in the origional post.

as for suspension. everyone has there own opinions but i loved my H&R coilovers.
my first post was just a joke. lol

but my skunk2 coilovers work for me too.

is this hatch a daily driver or a project?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cmdevildog16
i have a 91 civic si hatch, right now it just has a body kit on it but i want to make it a little quicker and also get some better suspension...does anyone have any ideas for me. Thanks
If you think dropping down from a 17 sec 1/4 to a 16 sec 1/4 is quicker then god bless your soul.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg

x2
Old 04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

invest in a garage first , then we can talk
Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

cmdevildog16 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah its a daily driver kind of i can walk to work cause its on base...but thanks for the help guys and anything more you can give me helps and i dont really have huge amounts of money but i want to do suspension and new wheels and tires first

Quick Reply: new to the honda scene...help!