Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Need help where can I go to test drive an STI???

Old 01-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Gone.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Need help where can I go to test drive an STI???

Originally Posted by marshallbc
what are they worried about?
Idiots crashing their cars.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
AC-UR-AGE

marshallbc will become famous soon enough

So dont they still get paid for them? From the insurance company? Of the driver or does the dealers insurance have to cover it.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

easist way...

www.autotrader.com see a local person selling one. call him, BS him and test drive it.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 AM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

I work at a Subaru Dealership, and we do not allow test-drives for STI's unless they have pulled your credit and see you are capabale to buy it.

Fliplegend- Back in '98 my brother went to test drive and buy a Type R, they wouldn't let him, so he said fuck yall and went and bought a Prelude that day.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:19 PM
"Without Limit"

00lude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SlammedScort
I work at a Subaru Dealership, and we do not allow test-drives for STI's unless they have pulled your credit and see you are capabale to buy it.

Fliplegend- Back in '98 my brother went to test drive and buy a Type R, they wouldn't let him, so he said fuck yall and went and bought a Prelude that day.
Yep, if you want to drive a car available in limited numbers you will first be asked if they can get a copy of your drivers license, with which they can run your credit if they have any doubt. They should ask to run your credit but usually will just slide that question into the conversation about your license. Some dealers want you to sit down and work out the numbers on certain cars before you can test drive them.

What dealer wouldn't let your brother drive a Type R. I was in the exact same situation in 2000. I went in to look at and drive the Type R, the salesman simply told me "you can't afford that car" without knowing anything about my financial situation (I could easily afford a Type R). He actually took me to the used cars, must have been a sales push on used. The next day I went and ordered my fully loaded Prelude (not that there were that many options). Funny.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:27 PM

aznracer520 has disabled reputation

maybe you can go carmax and i think they let you test drive it.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

slosatty has disabled reputation

I work at the scooby dealership in herndon and they wont let you take one out until you have finished all the paper work and your on the way home. When they first were gonna be released you could put a deposit down($500) and order your own. The first sti we got the guy rolled up in a nice type r and test drove the sti, gave the sales guy the keys and said the ride is too stiff. wtf the ride is to stiff. lost his $500 and his sti.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

Live2Burn has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by b18c195
car max in sterling has one when i went there sunday. go there. check online to make sure they still do. They let u test drive anything thing they have they dont care.
My Friend Irwin works at that CARMAX. I'll talk to him, he knows that place better than anyone. I am applying there soon, and I am going to try Ferrari/Maserati as well, I know plenty of people working there too. they pay 18/hour with full med at ferrari for staring at the most beautiful cars all day. I want to just clean them, and put a big windfan in front of one with the windows down and pretend i'm driving it, hah
Old 01-19-2005, 09:28 AM
1999 Eclipse GS-T

gstrbo99 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Live2Burn
I am going to try Ferrari/Maserati as well, I know plenty of people working there too. they pay 18/hour with full med at ferrari for staring at the most beautiful cars all day. I want to just clean them
haha good luck, i tried working tehre and they never called me back
Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by slosatty
I work at the scooby dealership in herndon and they wont let you take one out until you have finished all the paper work and your on the way home. When they first were gonna be released you could put a deposit down($500) and order your own. The first sti we got the guy rolled up in a nice type r and test drove the sti, gave the sales guy the keys and said the ride is too stiff. wtf the ride is to stiff. lost his $500 and his sti.
a lot of R drivers dont like there handling compared to the R's

Quick Reply: Need help where can I go to test drive an STI???