Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Need help where can I go to test drive an STI???

Old 01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slosatty has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need help where can I go to test drive an STI???

Originally Posted by EEK
a lot of R drivers dont like there handling compared to the R's
word. and this R wasnt stock either. it had rims it was lowered...but i understand.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:43 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Originally Posted by slosatty
word. and this R wasnt stock either. it had rims it was lowered...but i understand.
rims AND lowered?! THATS CRAZY!!!!11!1!1 OMG!!! ROFL.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

If I ever decide to buy a brand new car I sure as hell don't want it to have been test driven by dumbfucks... dealerships know this and that's why they won't let people test drive them ... anymore than 20 miles and something's up.

However... I'm a hypocrite... I've driven a GTS Viper, NSX, and my first Z06 all by lying. With the Z06 I took my Cobra in (all detailed) and expressed my interes to upgrade to a "real car" salesman and I were haggling over price when he says, "drive the car and you'll see it's worth the price" I took it out for a nice drive, got the oil temp up, then gave her hell... way faster than the stock LS1's I'd driven... I was hooked. Dude tried so hard for me to buy the car then and there... I found a nice scratch down the left side and refused it.

The Viper was a blast... I go up to Foriegn Cars Italia every time I'm at my parents house in Greesnboro, NC. They know I'm not serious but sometimes they're borred. Salesman and I were shooting the shit about the viper ( I had the Z ) and he says wanna try it out? (it's too small for me to fit in, but nice and fast).

I got turned down for the 360 spyder testdrive though...
Old 12-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slosatty
I work at the scooby dealership in herndon
Haha I work right across from you at Domino's Pizza . You have probably seen a white Stealth parralell parked on that St. Do you live on the Street by Van Buren?

Damn this thread is old.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 AM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

My boyfriend and I often go up to the Porsche/BMW dealership here just to browse around and see what they have. His father told us about a used z8 that was up there, so we decided to go check it out. We drove the s2000 there, and my boyfriend was driving. Literally as soon as we pulled up a salesman came out and was like "I've always wanted to see one of these in motion"...um..okay? They've been out 6 years and you haven't seen one moving yet? LOL.

We get inside and we're checking out the z8 and he's like man let's take this for a drive. Harris was like- haha OKAY, thinking he was joking. He goes "Nah you drive an s2000 you're qualified!!" haha wtf... so Harris gets to take out the z8 for a test drive. We think the salesman really wanted to drive it too and that's why he was so quick to offer a drive. Once they got out the salesman "Demonstrated" the traction control by doing donuts in the parking lot... haha.

Just goes to show its all about the car you pull up in and the way you're dressed- sadly.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:11 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

I work at a Subaru dealership, and our sales department almost never lets people test drive STi's. Its mostly because they don't want people wasting their time doing joy rides.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

slosatty has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Topik
I work at a Subaru dealership, and our sales department almost never lets people test drive STi's. Its mostly because they don't want people wasting their time doing joy rides.
yup.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

My favorite part about selling cars was that I'd sneak off with nice cars all the time... that's when I first realized how disappointed I was with the R32. I did actually kind of like the Legacy GT though, but it's not for me. Phaeton's are nice too.. You feel like you're driving a Bentley.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Haaahhhh.

NighthawkSI is an unknown quantity at this point

best thing about working at a Benz dealership: taking the AMG cars off the show room and "charging the battery" for 15 minutes
Old 12-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

higB_0x05 has disabled reputation

I bought my STI with 5 miles on it. I woldnt have it any other way! But they did let me test drive a blue one (it probably helped that I pulled up in a wrx)

Quick Reply: Need help where can I go to test drive an STI???