Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Moving

Old 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM
DILLIGAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00bluteg has disabled reputation
Default Re: Moving

falls church is a good area...but i know someone who lives with 3 other people, well she still pays 700 just for her, but thats also in fairfax..(just so you get an idea)
...if i were you i would look into a good neighborhood in MD, you would probably get something really nice for what you want to spend

good luck!
Old 05-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

As stated above, you're going to have to pay an arm and a leg for any decent place in DC. My cousin was looking for appartments last year and decided that the area was WAY to expensive for her. I'd probably look for a place in Alexandria or Ballston-ish areas. Maybe you'll luck out and find a good deal.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:50 AM
2215Racing.

myh4tch is an unknown quantity at this point

complete bullshit... These people are talking about what they have "heard"...

It does not cost an arm and a leg to live in DC, for you, like you stated, you want a 1 bedroom type apartment. So look into getting a basement of somebody's townhouse. My bestfriend lives in DC and he paid little over 750 for a huge basement with kitchen 2 bedrooms living room/kitchen.. Now when i say huge i dont mean like monster b/c it is still a basement however they are very spacious for 2 ppl and thats only like i said 750-800. You can find exelent deals in DC just look for basements with seperate entrances.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

If you're white, you don't want to live in NE or SE DC. Its a really rough part of town, and they will give you hell just b/c of your skin color. If you must insist on DC, then do NW DC. But then, at the same time if u do NW DC you will be far far away commute wise from Bolling AFB.

I would suggest finding a place in either Alexandria, Woodbridge, or out towards Upper Marlboro or Bowie if you want MD. From Bolling AFB, Upper Marlboro and Bowie will be much closer then Falls Church or Fairfax will be during rush hour. During rush hour, Falls Church and Fairfax are on the other side of the world from Bolling AFB. While MD has traffic problems, it is not nearly as bad as VA.

I have experienced both states, trust me when I say MD has lesser traffic problems (mainly b/c u dont need a bridge there to get into DC).
Old 05-05-2005, 05:34 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

some parts of upper marlboro is just as bad as SE dc, shit SE dc is only like 5 mins away from the place i use to work at, the corner house was a crack house, we use to watch it get busted once a week lol
Old 05-05-2005, 08:12 AM
*Latinus Spicticus*

acuratuner00 has disabled reputation

lol...i work on M Street SE.....its acutally getting a little better since they are building new houses round here...but they are pricing them too high...the property is starting to go up since everything in this area is being built new...and new stadium will prolly raise it some more too....

now if you cross the bridge to go into farms....lol
Old 05-05-2005, 08:48 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

berryfarms, home sweet home
Old 05-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Hondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud of

again some of these guys never seen some the parts of DC they are talking about..............u just gotta go out one saturday visit the area and then go back around 10 at night.
That is the best way to get the real feel of a place.
Oh for the guy that said who in there right mind would leave in NE or SE.................please stay in NOVA where its safe everything u heard is TRUE!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hondasi88
again some of these guys never seen some the parts of DC they are talking about
I can assure you I am not basing my opinion off of rumors.

As for the "bad parts" of Upper Marlboro, EEK elaborate on that plz, I seriously find that interesting, mainly b/c I lived in that general area for a decade of my life, and while I knew the area went downhill, I didn't think it went THAT downhill to where you could relate it to DC.

As for the during the day, during 10pm idea, I highly recommend that regardless of the area you decide to live in. I also recommend visiting during a downpour so you can see if the property your interested in has flooding problems.

One final thing you can do is find a place down in Waldorf that has easy access to Indian Head Highway. Then its just a straight, congested shot (congestion will be everywhere in some form or another regardless of where you live) up Indian Head Highway to I-295 and then ur there.

Last edited by Boxer4PSI; 05-05-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Hondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud of

Man the best thing to do especially if u are by yourself is to "RENT" a basment apt. check out takoma park in MD! And i wasnt trying to insult anyone but i am just tired having lived in DC and work in DC now
of people just putting wrong info out there...........based off what they heard or saw on the 10 oclock news.

Quick Reply: Moving