Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Local tuning shop/dealer recommendation?

Old 12-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad
Default Local tuning shop/dealer recommendation?

Okay,
So im having an incredibly difficult issue to deal with at the moment. Car is a 2008 g37 coupe, minor mods and a tune.

Long story short, the car will not start and power will now come to the car (fully). After taking it to P Tuning located in Manassas, they are basically stumped claiming the ECU is "locked" and they have no access to anything. Their recommendation was to take it to a dealer as they could have more resources and experience plus if its a key programming issue, they can solve it right there.

The issue is that the closest infiniti dealership wont even take it in as it has engine mods and a tune. I'm getting ready to call the next closest one tomorrow morning but I am wondering if there are any other repuatable shops, preferably "tuner" shops that will address this type of issue specifically? P Tuning came highly recomended by a few friends of mine along with Infiniti of Chantilly, but if they both can't figure out whats going on i'm not sure what my other options are at this point. I'll be contancting Infiniti of Alexandria and Tysons tomorrow to see what they say but I am really lost at this point.

Also, the shop that installed most of the mods and did the tune is in Bowie MD, I have the option to take it back to them but they are extremely far from me and I am towing the car wherever it goes out of pocket so I'm trying to keep transportation at a minimum. Besides that, I have a feeling it is not related to the tune at all, just my thought. Above all, if it is key programming related, once fixed in whatever shop, it will again need to be towed to a dealer for key programming so i'm not sure where to start.

Thank you in advance
Old 12-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: Local tuning shop/dealer recommendation?

The dealer refusing to diagnose a program issue is retarded. If that's the case they could fix it in 15 minutes.
I'm betting it is probably a tune issue myself. They may have locked the ECU on accident. But I don't have any advice for that area as I don't live there but good luck.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

Originally Posted by JacKal
The dealer refusing to diagnose a program issue is retarded. If that's the case they could fix it in 15 minutes.
I'm betting it is probably a tune issue myself. They may have locked the ECU on accident. But I don't have any advice for that area as I don't live there but good luck.
I have a feeling its something really stupid or simple but just dont have the time or resources to do it.
thanks anyways
Old 12-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Last edited by Archer; 12-19-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: too negative
Old 12-19-2014, 04:52 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Ah hahahaha lee they got you too! Lolololol!!
Old 12-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Registered member

more mods more problems
fuck infinitis
Old 01-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon

get UpRev...