Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Which is Better?

Old 11-21-2004, 12:52 PM
you put what, where?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
su_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Which is Better?

if you are getting a rotary do ALL of your homework first so you know what to look for when you are buying. Great cars but you dont want to be replacing the engine at the get go.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Banned

GTI Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeaaaaaaaa. GTi
Old 11-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TRU
GSX is cheap and fast, but not very reliable. GTi VR6's arent reliable at all, but are very fast. GTi 2.0L can have potential, but make sure u keep track of the oil and change it when u should or it will be more unreliable then it should. GTi 1.8T's are cheap and easy to mod and fast as hell if done right, while still being reliable. dont bother with the focus(dosent have much potential or aftermarket) or celica(not much aftermarket, which equals $$, and u said u want something cheap). i love maximas, but the shifter is sloppy and working under the hood on them can be a major pita. the BMW would be my first choice, but its DEFINITLY not cheap to modify, buy OR fix, so thatd be my last choice in reality cause i aint got the money. i would say 1.8T GTi(MKIII is easier and cheaper to work on, plus handle better and are lighter)
The 97-99 GSX is probably the most expensive in the group as far as retail, depending on what year the VW is. They are reliable until you get to much power and then the drivetrain will throw parts left and right. I've had 3 rear ends, 2 trannys, 7 Axels, 2 transfercases and 2 LSD's all go within about a year any a half, but engine wise everything is stock internally and have never had one problem with it, I mean the 4G63 engine has been in production for 15+ years now so they must be doing something right. The 97-99's don't have crank walk too unlike the early model 2nd Gen DSM's with the 7-bolt. Just keep is as stock as possible and it will be reliable.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:57 AM
Banned

ikslopot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mbui00
honda with b16 h/i/e, will beat any v8.
tiff tiff... not!!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:28 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

You should be more worried about which one will break down on you, and which has cheaper replacement parts.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:18 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Focal X
You should be more worried about which one will break down on you, and which has cheaper replacement parts.
any car will break, unless it's a slow piece of shit.. if you're trying to go fast, reliability doesn't even need to be on the list. power WILL break shit
Old 11-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
any car will break, unless it's a slow piece of shit.. if you're trying to go fast, reliability doesn't even need to be on the list. power WILL break shit
Coming from a guy with a dsm, lol. Your completely right, however, why have a car that constantly breaks from normal wear, when you have to replace parts you break from power anyway. If your going to start modding a stock car, you're not going to get very far if you are constantly replacing dumb shit, like alternators, radiators, head gasket. If you have a car that is already know to have numerous problems, then modding it will only cause more. Thats why every DSM guy only has there car on the road half the time. Just teasing (but you know its true)
Old 11-22-2004, 10:58 AM

JasonVT is an unknown quantity at this point

GLI
Old 11-22-2004, 11:11 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Focal X
Coming from a guy with a dsm, lol. Your completely right, however, why have a car that constantly breaks from normal wear, when you have to replace parts you break from power anyway. If your going to start modding a stock car, you're not going to get very far if you are constantly replacing dumb shit, like alternators, radiators, head gasket. If you have a car that is already know to have numerous problems, then modding it will only cause more. Thats why every DSM guy only has there car on the road half the time. Just teasing (but you know its true)
no, that is the thing, i don't get why people are so blind to this truth.. ALL modded cars fucking break... 400hp civic vs 400hp DSM, i would garauntee that civic is breaking shit left and right compared to the DSM... ALL powerful cars break, and will break.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:02 PM

E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mbui00
rx-7 turbo II ..woooot! Lesser moving parts = more money to save = more mods
Hahahaha the rx-7 is proof that less moving parts does NOT = cheaper.

Ok I'll give the BMW advice (being the nazi that I am.. .) You could get a beaten up 318 with high miles on the engine, throw in an S50 engine (1995 OBD1 E36 M3 engine) w/ intake, exhaust, and chip (w/tranny) for $3k and make about 230hp to the wheels (ALL MOTOR.) It will pull hard at any engine speed.. do some more weight reduction (318 doesnt weigh much anyways) and you'd be quick as hell!
If my shit runs low 14s, a 500lb-lighter 318 with a little more power should have no problems with low 13s.

Then again in all honesty, if those were my only choices I probably wouldn't go with the 318 lol. You'll never pass inspection ever again.