Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Which is Better?

Old 11-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile
Default Re: Which is Better?

/\ good point, vtec pwns JU
Old 11-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Eclipse would be the best option out of all of those choices in concerns to cheap parts and easily installing the cheap parts (Eclipse and a Dodge Neon R/T share the same engine if I remember right). Keep in mind though that you will probably have to do some minor to major repairs on the car in order to make it a good base to modify (the newer you go, the less of a chance that you will have to make expensive repairs to prep it for modification). If you get a high mileage car (read: above 130,000 miles) I would suggest either swapping the engine or rebuilding the engine and transmission before modifying it with performance parts.

The Golf and the Focus do offer performance potential as well, but parts will be more expensive. BMW 318 will have parts that are very expensive. The only way I could see you making power out of a 318 is by putting a M3 engine in it, which will be very expensive. The Celica GT doesn't really have any parts to really make it go as fast as the other cars in ur selection. And the Maxima...your option would really be Stillen with that, and it will be a little tough to make a 4 door full size (full size for Japanese vehicles anyways) car move as quick as a hatchback or a 4G63.

/0.02
Old 11-20-2004, 07:28 PM
21-PSI

1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts

The eclipse will break down and you will need money to fix, but will be faster then the rest of your list. i would go with a 99-00 GTI, good car and not to expensive, plus has moderate power.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
you put what, where?

su_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these partssu_maverick is infamous around these parts

it completly depends on where you want to go with the car. Are you looking to make a dyno queen or actually track your car? If you are going to autox or track it then I would suggest test driving each car and see how it feels to you. You want a car where the layout suits your body type and the feel suits your driving style. In terms of cost of parts, the more parts that are made for a car, the cheaper they become. The cheapest parts will be for the GSX, Focus, and GTi.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:39 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

GSX is cheap and fast, but not very reliable. GTi VR6's arent reliable at all, but are very fast. GTi 2.0L can have potential, but make sure u keep track of the oil and change it when u should or it will be more unreliable then it should. GTi 1.8T's are cheap and easy to mod and fast as hell if done right, while still being reliable. dont bother with the focus(dosent have much potential or aftermarket) or celica(not much aftermarket, which equals $$, and u said u want something cheap). i love maximas, but the shifter is sloppy and working under the hood on them can be a major pita. the BMW would be my first choice, but its DEFINITLY not cheap to modify, buy OR fix, so thatd be my last choice in reality cause i aint got the money. i would say 1.8T GTi(MKIII is easier and cheaper to work on, plus handle better and are lighter)
Old 11-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes JakesCakes

GTI allllllllllllllll the way
Old 11-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

wow im awesome has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mbui00
honda with b16 h/i/e, will beat any v8.
Funny remark

It all depends what your purpose is with the car. Do you want a turbocharged car that will be cheap to make fast? If so, you may want to consider the GSX. Do you want a car with good handling characteristics and is RWD? You may want to consider the BMW. Or do you want the sound of a rumbling V8? Go with a Trans Am
Old 11-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

1234567 is an unknown quantity at this point

go with the gsx. Its the best out of that list. VW's are slow pieces of shit. I wuld take a geo before a vw.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:12 AM
cibic weetec

GIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond repute

gsx
Old 11-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Not the 318i...

I'd probably go for an Rx-7 TII