Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Suggestion for vadriven......addition of photography forum

Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
<----BigBake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative
Default Suggestion for vadriven......addition of photography forum

Can we get a forum dedicated to photography? There are plenty of talented photog's on here, and many getting into the hobby. I personally can see the benefit of having a seperate forum to share pics, discuss equipment/techniques, and anything else related to the subject (where to go, who has killer deals, etc).

Bueller?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:32 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Suggestion for vadriven......addition of photography forum

an additional feature that could be used by the patrons would be an image hosting ability if it could be arranged.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

there is one. its called PAGG at daily off topic. a lot of the same people that usually post pictures on drag will post the same pictures or more artistic ones over there, plus there's several other members who don't really frequent here. there's already several different forums catering to the different aspects of photography. and beyond whats listed there, there's always mega UGE forums like the one found at fredmiranda.

I don' think there's really a large enough base for a photography forum here, personally. it'd be neat to be able to see more pictures here, but doubt it would ever happen.

Last edited by kashimiru; 06-03-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:08 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally Posted by kashimiru
there is one. its called PAGG at daily off topic. a lot of the same people that usually post pictures on drag will post the same pictures or more artistic ones over there, plus there's several other members who don't really frequent here. there's already several different forums catering to the different aspects of photography. and beyond whats listed there, there's always mega UGE forums like the one found at fredmiranda.

I don' think there's really a large enough base for a photography forum here, personally. it'd be neat to be able to see more pictures here, but doubt it would ever happen.
I am a member and do post on PAGG. I am talking about on THIS forum though, thanks. I think it will be beneficial solely so you don't have to sift through pages of reposted videos and crap to see picture threads people have taken the time to put together. And I think there is plenty of reason to do this on this board.

FWIW I added a photography forum to a board I admin on (horsepowerjunkies.com) and it has been great. I also moderate that forum pretty hardcore, to prevent offtopic banter, etc. Its great for sharing info and CC.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Spare Gold

supratt232 supratt232 supratt232 supratt232

If people are willing to help others and give quality advice instead of just bitching, then yea it would be the shit.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 PM
<----BigBake

Originally Posted by supratt232
If people are willing to help others and give quality advice instead of just bitching, then yea it would be the shit.
Exact reason I mentioned this.....

Originally Posted by LXative
I also moderate that forum pretty hardcore, to prevent offtopic banter, etc. .
Maybe it can be set up for invite only.......or just strictly moderated like mentioned.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

Deja Vu....

We've already gone through this. After all, this is a CAR forum.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM
<----BigBake

Originally Posted by growley
Deja Vu....

We've already gone through this. After all, this is a CAR forum.
Then why have an off-topic forum? After all, this is a CAR forum.
Then why have a classifieds forum? Its not a selling post, after all this is a CAR forum.
Then why have a bike forum? After all, this is a CAR forum.

Basically if you have nothing useful to say just STFU.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I think it would be a cool addition.