Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

OK something's got to give.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Shooting 63's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: OK something's got to give.

Originally Posted by JacKaL
Well some of the OG mods were kinda dickheads. So there's that. But the ones we've got now are pretty decent guys. When they ask a noob to fix some shit they shouldn't get a reply of "go fuk yurself grow up smdh"

I agree we shouldn't have to babysit these people who somehow have earned a diploma from high school while being incapable of constructing a coherent sentence.
Want to fix that shit?

Go through some of the steps I outlined.

If you are finding that the issues are with new members who come in solely for the classifieds...do something about the damn classifieds. You DO NOT have to give members access to classifieds...it is just one of the benefits of being a member.

Take away the classified section until they reach a certain tenure/post count...and it will show they want to be here.

Also, make a classified have PM as the only way to make first contact with someone. Disable PM function for same length of time until classified section is enabled.

Only phone numbers that should be out is for a "Vendor" section, which should be viewable to all.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

I agree with all of those things however all the owners of the site see is this
X number of member+views=profits

They don't give a shit what those members post or how they conduct themselves site traffic is how they attract potential advertisers. Advertisers put dollars in their pockets.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I never really considered moderating on here to be some sort of power trip. About the only thing I was guilty of with that was changing some personal friends user names to random things to pass my day. It's not about being in control, its about looking out for the site, whether that be pm'ing a new member a simple messing saying to straighten up, or banning someone that did nothing but rag someone else for the sake of doing it.

It's all in how you address something, which is definitely something that has long been lacking on here. I don't know who is a Mod on here now anymore, I've lost track. I can say that if I was one again I would address lots of issues on here, whether the posters, legion, OG's whomever liked it or not. I don't need acceptance on a forum to feel good about about myself. It's a job/responsibility just like anything else. I was a moderator when there was a metric fuckton more traffic on here than there is now and we made it work, I don't see why it couldn't be turned around now.

There were idiots then, and there are idiots now. Just because they start out as a FS troll doesn't mean that they couldn't have something to contribute to the site. But they damn sure won't become a positive member if they get nothing but shit on.

The big irony here is that there are quite a few people calling themselves "OG" on here now that were complete noobs/trolls/etc once upon a time.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

That's last sentence is the point we were trying to make earlier.

I see where you're coming from and I for the most part agree that if the mods hand their hands untied a little more the site would be better off. But you must see the point were making also. Sometimes it takes a little ass ripping to straighten someone out.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:33 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
I never really considered moderating on here to be some sort of power trip. About the only thing I was guilty of with that was changing some personal friends user names to random things to pass my day. It's not about being in control, its about looking out for the site, whether that be pm'ing a new member a simple messing saying to straighten up, or banning someone that did nothing but rag someone else for the sake of doing it.

It's all in how you address something, which is definitely something that has long been lacking on here. I don't know who is a Mod on here now anymore, I've lost track. I can say that if I was one again I would address lots of issues on here, whether the posters, legion, OG's whomever liked it or not. I don't need acceptance on a forum to feel good about about myself. It's a job/responsibility just like anything else. I was a moderator when there was a metric fuckton more traffic on here than there is now and we made it work, I don't see why it couldn't be turned around now.

There were idiots then, and there are idiots now. Just because they start out as a FS troll doesn't mean that they couldn't have something to contribute to the site. But they damn sure won't become a positive member if they get nothing but shit on.

The big irony here is that there are quite a few people calling themselves "OG" on here now that were complete noobs/trolls/etc once upon a time.

I nominate this guy for mod again
Old 10-23-2014, 05:08 PM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Originally Posted by JacKaL
I agree with all of those things however all the owners of the site see is this
X number of member+views=profits

They don't give a shit what those members post or how they conduct themselves site traffic is how they attract potential advertisers. Advertisers put dollars in their pockets.
yup... IB doesn't give a shit how they make their money, all they care about is that they are making enough money to keep this shithole running.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Just got "owned" for asking a seller to actually try to "sell" his product to me, let's get the 30 day trial period underway!

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/moto...modded-487035/

Last edited by keefboz; 10-24-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:53 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by keefboz
Just got "owned" for asking a seller to actually try to "sell" his product to me, let's get the 30 day trial period underway!

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/moto...modded-487035/
You might prefer my reply to op.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:11 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Lulz, it's already escalated to "imakemoarmoneythanallyoufagetz".
Old 10-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
You might prefer my reply to op.
Repped, that guy is a turd.

Quick Reply: OK something's got to give.