Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

New members

Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: New members

awesome idea.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Žegistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

i just became a registered member and i think the idea of an intro section sounds great. it would be a good place to get started, and i can appreciate that. +1 to op
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

shit i like the idea of the minute you turn red rep you get a warning....and when you get two red bars your banned..

honestly i only -rep someone if they are an idiot or act like one...

some people like bryan7867 could just have his removed...cause its a game to him...hes not too bad really..
Old 07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
Due to the recent rise in idiots signing up for the forum, would it be feasible to make a new section called "Introductions" or something to that effect for these new people to post in while trial members? And at the same time add all of the regional forums to the list of forums trial members cant post in? just a thought.
An introduction forum may be a possibility, but honestly who would read threads in it? The whole point of trial members is to get them to participate some before becoming full members and not just to wall them off in their own ghetto.

Originally Posted by nftuatn
shit i like the idea of the minute you turn red rep you get a warning....and when you get two red bars your banned..
The reputation system has been too abused for this to ever happen. Its entirely possible for someone to get more than one red bar from just a few negative reps.

Warnings/Infractions will only be given out via a real person so there is at least some responsibility for them.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by eng
An introduction forum may be a possibility, but honestly who would read threads in it? The whole point of trial members is to get them to participate some before becoming full members and not just to wall them off in their own ghetto.
The reputation system has been too abused for this to ever happen. Its entirely possible for someone to get more than one red bar from just a few negative reps.
Warnings/Infractions will only be given out via a real person so there is at least some responsibility for them.
Almost every single thread that is started by a new member gets off on the wrong foot because the people that are signing up are idiots. With that being the said the threads always blow up so im sure more than a few people on this board would flock to this section every time a new member signs up just to bust balls. I think it would be more of a tool for the moderators to help keep the rif raf that are signing up off the boards by having them all lumped together in one place, easy to view.

Last edited by sumospeed.com; 07-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

+3.14yadayada
Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

Originally Posted by eng
I think the idea would be for them to have to make an intro thread, and then after that, make them a trial member. not just stick them into the intro section until their trial membership is up.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

either that or hit a certain post count before they become trial members, something small, like 15. if they can get through 3 days without acting like idiots i would think they would be ok.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
either that or hit a certain post count before they become trial members, something small, like 15. if they can get through 3 days without acting like idiots i would think they would be ok.
We're definitely not adding another layer for people to jump through to become regular members. As is the trial member setup already stops a decent number of spammers/trolls, but at the same time we get a lot of people that register and never come back. Now, if that's a good thing or not is another debate (i.e. not in this thread).

Having a single introduction forum is still on the table, whether it gets implemented or not hasn't been decided.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Blang Blang

Thats understandable. what if it was made a requirement to have to make an intro thread first? or would that be the same as the 15 day thing?

Quick Reply: New members