Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

large posts

Old 08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default large posts

A couple times now I've tried to make a long post ( > two paragraphs or so) and everytime the site doesn't respond and freezes. Is it my computers problem? Anyone else having this problem? I don't think it could be on my end, because I don't have that problem any where else. What do you think?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: large posts

Can you pinpoint about when this happened last? You might just have bad luck and are trying to post the same time the server has a hiccup.

Try posting something in here real quick that is of the length that gives you problems, and see if it happens again
Old 08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Here is one of the cases I'm talking about. I intended for both post 131 and 132 to be all one post, however it wouldn't allow me.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...8&page=9&pp=15

I'll try to post the exact same thing here only all in one post again.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Srsly.

Here it goes:

C’mon… why not???

Everyone is talking about how beast the new Z06 will be with a heads and cam swap. I’m sure the engineers at GM new how to extract more power out of the LS7, but the question becomes practicality. It’s become kind of a fine line between practicality and performance. I’m sure that 99% or the people that have the money to shell out for a $70,000 Corvette aren’t going to want a car that is camming and shaking or have to keep feathering the throttle to keep it idling. (contrary to what 99% of the people on this board may think/want )

I’m not sure who it was and I’m to lazy to look it up, but I think it was Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords that did a pulley swap and threw on a set of drag radials and ran tens at 130+ mph in an otherwise stock GT. As for why the Ford engineers didn’t do this from the factory… I don’t know, it could be a million reasons really. I think it becomes a point of when is enough a enough. It’s not that they didn’t have the “know how”. For a car that can run mid 11s and has 550 bhp underrated, how much more power do you really need? Especially on a street car that is easily capable of being driven every single day.

I keep wondering how long it’ll be till the government or some other authority puts a cap on horsepower. I mean we have cars soon to be on the market with 500bhp for less the 50 grand. At this rate, in a couple of years we’ll have show room factory cars that are a tire swap away from wheelies.

Also, I know this thread is specifically about the GT and new Z06, however if the new Z06 runs the times it’s anticipated to, that will make it faster than cars of 5 or 6 times its value which is amazing. Yes the GT is more expensive than the Z, but BOTH the GT and the Z06 are impressively cheaper than the cars they compete with. ie. Porsche Carrera GT, Mercedes McLaren SLR, Ferrari 360 and F430 and can nip at the wheels of even the Enzo.

my two cents
Old 08-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Srsly.

well what the shit...

Maybe I'm just timing it at these so called hiccups.

Thank you anyways
Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

same thing happened to me this past weeked...happend 3 times and lock up IE every time
Old 08-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

strange.

there isn't a maximum character limit on posts, so that isn't the problem.

I know this weekend we had a few server burps, so it might be a case of bad timing. I personally had a few posting problems myself, and I just attributed it to that.

We'll look into it... for the meantime, if you're going to post something kind of long, it couldn't hurt to select all the text and copy it just in case it doesn't post... then you can just paste it back and try again.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:13 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

i've had the same problem as well quite a few times. it seems like when it happens it takes a while before you can post what you want, because i tried like 5 times within about a 20 minute period to post the same message and it kept locking up. doesn't seem to be having the problem this morning though, however i am on a different computer.

good luck in fixing it.