Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Image resize using BBCode

Old 01-10-2006, 08:59 AM
sup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Image resize using BBCode

Brian posted a thread in OT regarding image resize using BBCode. I found this via Google.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread127319/pg1

I haven't tried it, but just for future reference if any one wants too.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: Image resize using BBCode

let's experiment!

[IMG=222x320]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/souldeeznuts/280zsideshot.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2006, 09:15 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
let's experiment!

[IMG=222x320]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/souldeeznuts/280zsideshot.jpg[/IMG]
Guess not...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Well, that didn't work.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of being able to resize images via code, on forums or on websites in general, and here's why:

Instead of properly resizing images, people would just soft resize an image regardless of what it is, meaning some jackass would post say... a picture that was dimensionally gigantic because it was 3 MB in size. So while they think that what they post is all fine and dandy because it "fits" on the board, it's still a 3 MB image that's trying to load.

Or if someone wanted to be a dick on the board, they would do something like resize like a 5GB image into the space of a single pixel, and then put it into their signature or some shit and lag the board.

Really though, someone who would take the time to figure out what the right dimensions to resize their pic to, would be the type to just hard resize it to begin with.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ Gotcha... I can see the reasons for not wanting this. Reason I posted is because on the Z06 boards they remove your pics if they're too big and I was too lazy to resize it.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Patron

We don't remove so much as "bitch incessently until you change it"

Honestly, if it's a good pic by a member that's worth a damn, I'm inclined to either leave it alone or resize and rehost it myself
Old 01-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I know there is a piece of software out there that will automatically generate a thumbnail of a photo to post, and will link to the full sized photo. Unfortunately I don't know the maker. I searched on Google and came up blank. I remember a couple people on here using it from time to time. Maybe one of them will speak up.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Patron

I always just use photobucket.com to host my pictures for use on forums, that way I have the option of generating clickable thumbnails for specific use on message boards.

I'm sure there are other sites as well as software that can do this.. give me a few minutes and I'll try to hunt some down.

photobucket hosted clickable thumbnails:
Old 01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I know there is a piece of software out there that will automatically generate a thumbnail of a photo to post, and will link to the full sized photo. Unfortunately I don't know the maker. I searched on Google and came up blank. I remember a couple people on here using it from time to time. Maybe one of them will speak up.
Photobucket does this.

Damn you soul. I walked away from my desk for 5 minutes, and look what happens.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Patron

I are teh winnar!

Quick Reply: Image resize using BBCode