Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Easy way to bump?

Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 AM
holla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3
Default Easy way to bump?

Is there anyway someone could program something into the website where you can basically just click a button and bump your thread? I'm thinking it would get rid of the 15 page for sale threads that are nothing but "bump" and "ttt".

I don't know if threads with less pages would be better for the website or use up less bandwith ( not really up to date with all of that.) But, I think it would look a lot better and say if someone posts that something is sold on page 4 you wouldnt have to go through "bump, bump, bump" just to find out.

Any thoughts on that?

Jake
Old 05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Easy way to bump?

I think if you're too lazy to bump your thread by posting in it then fuck you and your item for sale.

Aside from that, as long as the only person bumping the thread is the thread starter, we're not worried about the bandwidth consumption from it.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:32 PM
holla

Originally Posted by blaxican25
I think if you're too lazy to bump your thread by posting in it then fuck you and your item for sale.

Aside from that, as long as the only person bumping the thread is the thread starter, we're not worried about the bandwidth consumption from it.
Yea alright...

I just figure as far as the potential buyer not having to go through the thread of the lazy poster who doesn't say whats sold and what isn't. It'd be a hell of a lot easier if you didn't have to search for one post out of like 300 "ttt's"
Old 05-02-2007, 07:07 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by j4k3
Yea alright...

I just figure as far as the potential buyer not having to go through the thread of the lazy poster who doesn't say whats sold and what isn't. It'd be a hell of a lot easier if you didn't have to search for one post out of like 300 "ttt's"
Again, if you're too lazy to click the "go to the last post" icon on a thread, then you're not really too interested in buying.

This forum has a classified section as a courtesy. Many people use it and that's fine. We are not, however, very likely to make it even easier for trolls to peruse the classifieds. If the mechanics of navigating the threads is too much, then we have no sympathy.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:13 PM
holla

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Again, if you're too lazy to click the "go to the last post" icon on a thread, then you're not really too interested in buying.

This forum has a classified section as a courtesy. Many people use it and that's fine. We are not, however, very likely to make it even easier for trolls to peruse the classifieds. If the mechanics of navigating the threads is too much, then we have no sympathy.
I never said it was too hard to click that, that's not even my point. It's the 9 pages of bumps with one post that says something sold that gets overlooked that becomes a pain.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

I am looking for a different car right now and don't enjoy having to go through9 pages. and as far as "click the last post icon" thats fine on a traditional thread but a potential question might have been answered in those 9 pages. But im not going to go into the rest
Old 05-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

If an item is sold then the seller needs to clarify that in the very first post. If I have 10 items for sale and my thread ends up being 10 pages it shouldn't matter as long as I put "SOLD" next to the items that are sold or just completely delete them from my first post.

My Durango thread is long as hell, but it doesn't say SOLD in the first post, so it's still for sale. It's not hard to do.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:11 PM
holla

Originally Posted by ritz
If an item is sold then the seller needs to clarify that in the very first post. If I have 10 items for sale and my thread ends up being 10 pages it shouldn't matter as long as I put "SOLD" next to the items that are sold or just completely delete them from my first post.

My Durango thread is long as hell, but it doesn't say SOLD in the first post, so it's still for sale. It's not hard to do.
Well people need to do that then.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

You've been on this site long enough to know that the classified trolls are stupid. They sit behind their computer and peck at their keyboard in all caps and don't really give a shit how bad their grammar is as long as they sell their $10 shiftknob.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:09 PM
holla

Originally Posted by ritz
You've been on this site long enough to know that the classified trolls are stupid. They sit behind their computer and peck at their keyboard in all caps and don't really give a shit how bad their grammar is as long as they sell their $10 shiftknob.
I know. Fawk em. I just don't want to look, can't I be lazy too?