Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Classifieds

Old 11-14-2005, 02:39 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Classifieds

I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but I think it would be a good idea to impliment restrictions on who can post new topics in the classified sections.. Maybe X number of posts, or they have to be here for a certain period of time.. I don't know specifics or ways to make it work with this particular software, but I like the idea of that. It wouldn't necessarily be effective against ALL scammers, but it would certainly help.

For instance.. I was just going through the classifieds and I came across someone who apparently just joined and posted up everything they seem to own for sale. Not sure if anyone knows them in real life, or where they came from, but anyone can join a forum and rip people off quickly, and run.. Right?

I know the administrators and moderators work hard enough as it is, and this is one thing maybe no one would be interested in, but with that said--it could also save you time and trouble in the future if it were possible to impliment something of this nature. Maybe no one else likes the idea, but I think if you buy/sell on the internet, it's only a matter of time before everyone gets ripped off. It's going to happen sooner or later, regardless of how careful you are.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default Re: Classifieds

how bout they just give me the power to lock all threads thats arent following the rules.....im getting tired of pming the mods to lock it...

but yeah i agree ...they should have to have a certain amount of post or something before allwoing to use the classifieds
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
how bout they just give me the power to lock all threads thats arent following the rules.....im getting tired of pming the mods to lock it...
No.

Me > * (including you)
Old 11-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but I think it would be a good idea to impliment restrictions on who can post new topics in the classified sections.. Maybe X number of posts, or they have to be here for a certain period of time.. I don't know specifics or ways to make it work with this particular software, but I like the idea of that. It wouldn't necessarily be effective against ALL scammers, but it would certainly help.

For instance.. I was just going through the classifieds and I came across someone who apparently just joined and posted up everything they seem to own for sale. Not sure if anyone knows them in real life, or where they came from, but anyone can join a forum and rip people off quickly, and run.. Right?

I know the administrators and moderators work hard enough as it is, and this is one thing maybe no one would be interested in, but with that said--it could also save you time and trouble in the future if it were possible to impliment something of this nature. Maybe no one else likes the idea, but I think if you buy/sell on the internet, it's only a matter of time before everyone gets ripped off. It's going to happen sooner or later, regardless of how careful you are.
Problem with that is post counts have stopped so you can't really go by that. I think there just needs to be more action taken when it comes to the FS/WTB threads. Personally opinion though. I hate how it was made such a big uproar when Heat came back around that these rules would be enforced and I see threads made everyday that are the same BS over and over. This site has gone downhill due to this crap and I guess no one cares anymore.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:08 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but I think it would be a good idea to impliment restrictions on who can post new topics in the classified sections.. Maybe X number of posts, or they have to be here for a certain period of time.. I don't know specifics or ways to make it work with this particular software, but I like the idea of that.
It won't work. At all. If we put restrictions like that on who can post where they'll just post crap in other forums to get their post count high enough. In the end all those restrictions do is flood the other forums with crap. It's much better if we try to contain the junk to one section

I'd like to reiterate the disclaimer in the classified section rules, specifically that we're not responsible for any interactions taken through the site, the forums are there only as a courtesy to you.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:54 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by eng
I'd like to reiterate the disclaimer in the classified section rules, specifically that we're not responsible for any interactions taken through the site, the forums are there only as a courtesy to you.
(Why were my other posts deleted? Was that a secret, Eng?)

As far as not being responsible, and being provided as a courtesy, I understand. I didn't create this thread to complain about the way things are.... I did it because I'd rather help try and make things better than they are than sit around and complain about things that I think need to change.

I can't help but to be reminded of this Chris kid that screwed Carter and Jay (among many other people) over.. He even tried to buy my motorcycle over AIM. After all this, he still kept coming back and posting his cars and parts for sale with different usernames, and people were trying to buy from him not knowing who he was and what kind of reputation he had.

Oh well.. Just a thought.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:57 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

i hear ya zero...i would also like to help. I have been scammed on her before also and he is still on here scamming.

let me know if there is anything i can do to help more