Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

can mods read personal PM's?

Old 12-04-2006, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default can mods read personal PM's?

just a curious question. i have nothing to hide but i did get banned on the other forum im usually on. i was put in timeout and now im banned. i have no idea why. when i was in timeout i could not post, only PM and browse. im thinking the mods could have read my PMs and saw something they did not like.

Last edited by Kim Jong Illin; 12-04-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: can mods read personal PM's?

Yes. They own the site and have access to the database where they are stored. Put on your tinfoil hat and sit in the corner until your anal probe is ready.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

anal probe what ?????
Old 12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

(conspiracy theory crap)
Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Not Stock
(conspiracy theory crap)
Don't lie, you know that only happens to you when it was a good weekend with lots of drinks.

Haha, for real though, do you think a site admin with database access cares enough about you to read your messages?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
superuser

haha, you should read some of my AIM away messages.

Site admins *do* care when it's a threat or other stuff, they just don't get bored and take the time to sort thru your crap (if you disagree, put back on the tinfoil hat). Admins from several message boards have asked me to walk them thru manual search strings for keywords to go thru user PMs on their systems.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Not Stock
haha, you should read some of my AIM away messages.

Site admins *do* care when it's a threat or other stuff, they just don't get bored and take the time to sort thru your crap (if you disagree, put back on the tinfoil hat). Admins from several message boards have asked me to walk them thru manual search strings for keywords to go thru user PMs on their systems.

That is what I was getting at. If you haven't done anything out of the normal and there is no reason to check up on you don't worry. Its not like they are bored and want to get the juicy gossip. Unless they site is small and everyone knows everyone.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Yeah I read everyone's PM's.

I'm gonna compile a sweet SPO thread made of some of the best ones.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by ritz
Yeah I read everyone's PM's.

I'm gonna compile a sweet SPO thread made of some of the best ones.
sweeeet.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

hey ritz, when someone signs up on a forum and logs in, does it record the IP from which they first sign up with and use that or does it continue to log IPs for each time they visit?