Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

FS: 1969 Standard Cougar Broadway Va

Old 10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AW11inVA has disabled reputation
Default FS: 1969 Standard Cougar Broadway Va

Up for sale is my 1969 Mercury Cougar standard model. This car came to me in the early 2000's. My dad was parting them out pretty heavily. He asked if I would be interested in restoring it since it was nicer then the usual cars he was picking up. This Cougar was orginally sold in the Texas area. When we got it, it had a bunch of military base parking stickers on the bumper. It came to us from the Richmond Va area wher eit had been sitting in a barn for a very long time. The previous owner says it was there atleast 20 years. It had thrown a rod in the original 351 windsor motor. There it sat until we got it. The car has 80,000 miles on it currently. These are are original miles and it is titled that way. I have put roughly 6000 miles on it since I got it back on the road.

While it was being painted we were able to get our hands on a '70 Cougar that was in really bad shape. It had a 4V 351 Cleveland w/ FMX with an unknown amount of miles on it. This engine ran great and decided to instal it into this '69. We did nto rebuild this engine as it was running well enough that we did not bother. It currently has an Edlebrock preformer intake and Edlebrock electric choke carb. It has that rear oiler hose kit you get off Ebay that pumps oil back to the oil sending unit port. Ford Racing valve covers and a chromed alternator from Summit. At the time of the motor installation we put in a brand new radiator correct for the 351C and I got a NOS radiator shroud at one of my first all Ford Carlise events. I have a SPAL fan mounted in front of the radiator that is wired directly to the battery and is controlled by a switch in the cabin. I did this because sometimes on the hotter days sitting at idle for extended periods such as trying to get out of car shows the temp would start to climb. I had new pipes and flowmaster muffles put on. I bought a new gas tank, fuel sending unit, fuel lines, water pump, Fuel pump, and brake lines. I put on all new brake stuff too. I am only 8 miles south of Autokrafters so I could save alot on shipping plus at the time I had a friend that worked there that gave me a good discount.

The interior is in excellent condition and is proof of its low mileage. There is a tear starting to develop in the drivers seat at one of the seams. It has a new headliner and I revovered the sail panels myself. I installed an electric trunk lock system from a full size Ford. Thsi switch is installed in an extra truck lid I got and modified. I have the original lid as well. The switch is in the glove box. I had a new vinyl top installed but the idiots at a local glass company sliced the top putting the windshield back in. I had another glass shop finish the job and they repaird it the best they could.

The body is in great shape. There was very little little rust issue with it to begin with since it came from out west and it sat most of its life covered up. The paint job cost me $1500. I had it painted the original color. Though I never took it back to the painter to have him finish the job. It never got the clear coat polished out. The guy was flaking out on me and I did not want to leve the car with him anymore. The hood at the back right corner sticks up. It needs to be lined up right I ould never figure out how to get I on correctly.

Tires have the 6000 miles on them. They are mountedon Magnum 500's that were on that '70 Cougar we got the motor out of. They have 3 bar spinners.

Here is a list of current issues that need to be addressed.

When you start it a bit of trans fluid squirts out between the pan and seal. Not alot but it will hit the exaust pipe and then burn off as it gets hot. This causes some smoke until it is gone.

The steering wheel is sort of cracked up. The drivers door handle is sticky and sometimes wont let the door open.

One the window cranks is missing.

That should be about it!

I also have several extra parts including the original trunk lid with the newer paint, an extra perfect dash pad, all the original AC parts, rear glass, and other random stuff in a storage building. I think my dad still has the original trans from he windsor at his house. But there is a chance he sold it.

Anyway $5500 cash buys it! CASH ONLY!! No checks!! CARDS!! Or anything else!! I am selling because I am bored with it. I dont need to sell this car. But I want to move on to something else. Would consider trades on some other vintage car show type vehicle.

The car still runs great. Two years ago we drove it the 3 hours north to participate in the 40th anniversary of the Cougar at the Ford Nationals in Carlise PA. We have driven it to Northern Va to car shows there. But mostly it has stayed in our county and gone to the car shows here. If it were not for the gas prices I would drive it anywhere.

Here is a link to my photobucket album.

http://http://s29.photobucket.com/al...1969%20Cougar/

Here is a link to the 2007 Carlisle Ford Nations we drove the Cougar too. The cars pics are scatterd through out. Mostly it is pics of the day.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...rlisle%202007/

Here is a link for a car show we drove two hours north in Leesburg. A few pics of the car in there.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...20Ford%202006/

Old 11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered member

Default Re: FS: 1969 Standard Cougar Broadway Va

bump
Old 12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered member

bump still here
Old 12-15-2008, 04:25 AM
Registered Member

DYEOne18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that second pic from Carlisle, PA?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered member

Yes it is. Taken during the Ford Nationals. We drove it there to join in the show for the 40th anniversary of the Cougar.

And it is still FS.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered member

Bump still for sale!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154

I used help my dad work on his 71'. These cars sound so badass!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

declfier has disabled reputation

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/domestic-66/1966-chevy-c10-stepside-must-go-22apr09-285209/

possible trade?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered member

bump
Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Registered member