Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

'90 twin-turbo Camaro IROC-Z 6-speed

Old 03-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALLTRBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default '90 twin-turbo Camaro IROC-Z 6-speed

Final edit: SOLD.
Now speechless - 4/14/10

Well it was my dream car for years and it's depressing to have to sell it, but I need to deplete my project load, as I have chronic health problems that are aggravated by the stress and that kill my ability and time to complete them, and keeping my job is priority #1. :/

Edit: Situation has hit code red, My daily driver motorcycle is now totaled and I'm in lots of pain. I need cash and space ASAP and have to let this go quick.

$4000
Cash or Paypal only (instant payment, in other words). I won't mess around. If you're serious, be serious and we'll talk.

First off, the heater core needs replaced (I have the replacement, but no time), and I think I fouled the spark plugs from troubleshooting an ECU limp-home mode problem (which I solved), so it misses at the moment. Help me get it going quicklike and you can drive it home, otherwise bring a trailer and I'll help you load it up.
There are already a few people on other forums ready to buy it at this price. I will take the highest offer. If you can offer any more, let me know. I'm in serious need.

I built pretty much all of this car myself, and it isn't quite finished, so is still in 'project' status.

'90 IROC-Z, the L98 (TPI 350) has forged pistons with 9.0:1 cr and GM powdered metal rods, ARP hardware, and rotating assembly balanced, otherwise it's a pretty much stock engine.
It has a slight knock coming from what sounds like the bottom end, but it hasn't gotten worse after many many 15psi pulls on and off the highway, ('only') up to 120mph a couple times (on a closed track, of course), and generally driving it around for 2000+ miles, so I don't see how there's any way a rod is knocking, seeing as how there is roughly 700 lb/ft of torque hammering against all those rods and they are still securely located within the engine block. It may be a minor clutch clearance issue or something, but I can't say for sure right now.

Twin T3 60-trim turbos with BBSDesigns headers, running about 15psi (too much for warmer weather), it sat for a while so the headers and turbine housings need re-ceramic coated due to some residual rust, but the body is rust-free.
T56 6-speed swap with a Spec stage III clutch
3.42 posi rear end (stock) with a JG1 aluminum driveshaft
24x12x3 (IIRC) front mount IC with aluminum IC pipes, dual 2.25" into 3"
Exhaust needs to be more securely connected from the downpipes to the cat-back (surgery to the Y-pipe required)
Needs a new header gasket on the driver side
No emissions equipment installed
Needs a tune, runs $58 (Sy/Ty) code in the stock '730, includes memcal adapter and some IC's. Should be upgraded to Code59 now (it's based on $58), much more support and options. http://www.code59.org/
The body is pretty straight, 3" Harwood cowl fiberglass hood. The blue paint is decent except I had the front end repainted and it was done very poorly and doesn't match perfectly, needs a cut and buff at least, then will look decent.
The T-tops don't leak (unless high-pressure water is applied)
Windshield is cracked, needs replaced
Interior is pretty nice, 8 or 9 out of 10. Black and gray, 4thgen Camaro seats
Decent sound system- Pioneer speakers, 10" sub with Pioneer amp, and a pretty nice Panasonic head unit.
'97 Corvette wheels (front 17's all around), tires are not unsafe but will need replaced before long
Brand new battery (rear mounted)
96k miles
Clean and clear Maryland title in my name

Even without a good tune, it will spin all the way into 4th gear sometimes. Pulls hard on the highway. I estimate around 450whp and around 650wtq. I haven't driven it a whole lot with the turbo setup installed, but it made the trip from Oklahoma to Maryland 3 years ago in this same state (the day I finished installing the TT setup.)

Located in College Park, MD

(The dash was just dusty.)

Last edited by ALLTRBO; 04-14-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Also see my '96 Talon TSi AWD and '98 Talon TSi AWD for sale:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/import-asia-65/96-talon-tsi-awd-98-talon-tsi-awd-339571/
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 PM
goon squad

funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder
Default Re: '90 twin-turbo Camaro IROC-Z 6-speed

that's very pretty, free bump for looking
Old 03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

h2okilla3 has disabled reputation

trade for 95 h22 swapped accord? pm me if interested
Old 03-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Sorry, no trades unless it's for a 2010 Camaro or a straight trade for something that's worth a LOT more.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

wahoo09 has disabled reputation

PM me a ballpark price. im local with cash
Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Wtf, did that guy really just offer a swapped Accord for this? LOLOL. Good luck man, this is a nice machine.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

That's bad asssssssssssss.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by ALLTRBO
Sorry, no trades unless it's for a 2010 Camaro or a straight trade for something that's worth a LOT more.
Originally Posted by p-stone
Wtf, did that guy really just offer a swapped Accord for this? LOLOL. Good luck man, this is a nice machine.
yes the guy did...but the op asked for a 2010 camaro for trade....its possible they both smoking the same shit..
Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by p-stone
yes, did you see the accord he offered? lolololol.

Quick Reply: '90 twin-turbo Camaro IROC-Z 6-speed