Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

yoshi rs-3/trs tri-oval>?

Old 04-27-2004, 05:19 PM
elite member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yoshi rs-3/trs tri-oval>?

Buddy of mine rides a 03 gsx-r 600, currently has a bolt-on yoshi rs-3 and is looking to upgrade to either the rs-3 full race or the trs dual outlet full race exhaust system. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with these two systems and could give some feedback.
-thx

Last edited by freq; 04-27-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: yoshi rs-3/trs tri-oval>?

if he can get the trs dual outlet i'd get that, i think thats a freakin bad ass lookin exhaust...

but honestly a full exhaust on a 600 is a waste of money unless your racing and you can get it for under 500$, you'll need a power commander to straighten up the power band and thats another 250$, so new you'd be spending about a grand for a handful of hp and lose some of your low end on a bike thats already lacking in low end torque
Old 04-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

trs dual hands down.......... seen ones in person looks good
Old 04-28-2004, 03:02 PM
elite member

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
if he can get the trs dual outlet i'd get that, i think thats a freakin bad ass lookin exhaust...

but honestly a full exhaust on a 600 is a waste of money unless your racing and you can get it for under 500$, you'll need a power commander to straighten up the power band and thats another 250$, so new you'd be spending about a grand for a handful of hp and lose some of your low end on a bike thats already lacking in low end torque

del, do you know if this is true about fuel injected bikes... that is that the stock header is pratically designed just as well as "aftermarket" header. I've heard people say that a slip-on will give the best difference in power for the money difference, as verse like you said, spending the G on a full system>?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

its not necessarily on fuel injected bikes, but just on the newer bikes, which are coincidentally mostly fuel injected.. but yes their headers are much better constructed than bikes of the past, but more so on the new 1000's which have exhaust valves for low end torque and are made of titanium, usually the most restrictive part is just the end can... but on a 600 like i said unless your racing i dont think its worth it, a slip on might give you 1-4 HP and a full system 4-7 or something, but you'll need a power commander like i said which is more money, where you won't need one for a slip on, and it will move your power band further up in the rpm range so you'd need to keep the rev's up to notice the gain, most around town riding you'd probably be making less power... a slip on will give you the sound, look, and most of the performance of a full system at a fraction of the price and with out any draw backs
Old 04-28-2004, 07:56 PM
elite member

dope, i'll spread the word over to my friend, and i appreciate the info. I bought the slip on for the exact reasons you just explained so i can relate very well.