Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Would this be a good bike?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Your Kneegrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chino has disabled reputation
Default Re: Would this be a good bike?

either a kawi 250r or a gs500...both are great beginner bikes and u can sell them 2 years after for little or no depreciation
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Slow R1 Pilot!

RUCrash is an unknown quantity at this point

For your first bike you should definitely go used. It's not really a question of "if" you're going to drop it, more a question of "when".

+1 on Reloaded's comment. The typical owner of a 250 keeps it 1-1.5 years then sells it. A 250 would be a great starter, or a 500 would do well also. Watch out for Buell Blasts though.. the 500+ cc single-cylinder bikes are a little strange compared to a parrallel or V-twin.

Good luck on the decision, and remember to ALWAYS keep your ego in check on 2 wheels. You lose it in a car, you're in a cage. On a bike, well, it's whatever you're wearing (READ: ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!!)
Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I Monkey Around!

JTstyle will become famous soon enoughJTstyle will become famous soon enough

Like these guys said, go with a used bike YOU WILL DROP YOUR BIKE! It's like a beginner on a manual tranny, you will miss a gear, stall out, or grind a gear.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

koukis4teen has disabled reputation

I started out on a Yamaha R6.. I couldn't stand it because it was too slow. So i really don't know what it is like to have a 250... I recomend a Kawasaki 636. They are still a mid weight bike but they are so sweet. I don't see the point in buying a bike your not likely to keep.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

and that is why your opinion does not count for anything
Old 04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by djgrom
buy used, you will regret buying new. 250r great bike.
Why will he regret buying a new bike? I'm only 19, have a brand new '08 GSXR off the floor from Casey Cycle City, and it's fairly cheap. Never road a bike before either before getting on mine a couple months ago. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

koukis4teen has disabled reputation

I agree with s2katin.. A bike seems intimidating but it really isn't bad. Buy some frame sliders just in case you drop it to be sure, life will go on. I wanted a 250 for the same reason as you but found the R6 for cheap. I have a Gixxer 750 now. If a 600 wasn't enough I know I wouldn't have liked a 250. I wanted to share that with you.. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

lolz
Old 04-08-2009, 07:58 PM

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

i hate typing. so i'll stay out of this.

whatever you decide to get, make sure you take the msf and get some riding gear.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Originally Posted by koukis4teen
I started out on a Yamaha R6.. I couldn't stand it because it was too slow. So i really don't know what it is like to have a 250... I recomend a Kawasaki 636. They are still a mid weight bike but they are so sweet. I don't see the point in buying a bike your not likely to keep.
if a 600 was to slow for you when you started riding you were riding beyond your abilities and are one of the lucky few who did not wreck. the point of getting the 250 is to learn on and not die. I ride/race a 500 and eat people like you up all day long. There is a chance that I am wrong but it is close to nil, but from your statements I am willing to bet you do not take full advantage of the abilities of your bike and ride rather recklessly. I am not saying this to be mean but have seen to many mistakes made to sugar coat it.

Quick Reply: Would this be a good bike?