Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Would this be a good bike?

Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AddMorePower has disabled reputation
Default Would this be a good bike?

Hey yall....Im thinking about getting into motorcycle riding here soon. And I was told to start off with a Ninja 250r. Ive been told Its a good looking bike and it has just enough power for a beginner with NO RIDING experience. What do yall think? I still have to get my Learners Permit but I need to know what kind of bike would be best for me. Im not worried about doing wheelies and all the stupid stuff and Im not looking for a bunch of power to possibly kill myself on lol. So what do yall think?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Would this be a good bike?

Yes. Perfect, buy it.

f you're a little on the heavier side and want to ride on the highway, go ahead and get a 500cc. Ninja 500r or Suzuki GS500F. The bike will only go as fast as you twist the throttle, so no matter what size, be respectful. But you won't have to worry about going super fast on those bikes.

Ps. If you're young like me and pay your own insurance, the 250r will be cheaper to insure, which is economically better in every way.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 AM

yeah man Im only 19 turn 20 in august so yeah Im pretty young lol....So im thinking imma go to casey cycle city and finance a brand new one and Ive already ran the figures and its pretty cheap and they look sick to in my opinion...but thanks for the heads up man I appreciate it
Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of

Cool cool. I'm 19 as well and purchased my bike from CCC too. If you can get your hands on a new 250r, you'll love it, just hopefully you don't drop it because then you'll be heartbroken.

But yeah, the bike is fairly cheap and excellent on gas mileage. Hopefully you'll be able to pay it off kinda fast because I think you'll want to upgrade after getting the hang of riding and after riding with some guys with bigger bikes. But who know, maybe you'll be content with the 250r's power.

If you want to get an opinion from someone who's experienced with the new 250r, there are a couple motorcycle vloggers with the new 08 250r on YouTube talking about how they like their bikes.

1st Guy (you can watch his other vids of him with his 250r(
Pt 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTAiow3QIis
Pt 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO5Nf5fBisw

2nd Guy
http://www.youtube.com/user/steelhorseclub
Couldn't find a specific video of him talking about his experiences with the 250r, but most of his vids he's riding the bike.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM

damn man I appreciate the help ill check out the videos thanks alot
Old 04-05-2009, 09:38 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

buy used, you will regret buying new. 250r great bike.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 AM

ys that?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

check with your insurance; I'm in the same boat (19, college student, paying my own insurance = no money lol) and for me it's the same price to insure a 250 as a 500.
Everybody is in an accident/drops their bike at one point or another, and you'd hate to screw up your brand new fairings, especially on the new 250r since it got the nice new facelift.
my insurance agent told me I'd be disappointed with how slow the 250 is (especially since my cars have all been faster than that), and just to get the 500. plus, its easier to get out of a bad situation on a 500.

Last edited by Lars; 04-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 AM

well there may not be difference in price in insurance between the 250 and 500 but there is a difference in price between the 250 and 500 when u go to buy it lol
Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Buy the 250R for $1800, ride it a year or two, then sell it for $1800. They don't seem to lose their value.

Quick Reply: Would this be a good bike?