Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Those of you with 1k's

Old 04-21-2006, 04:49 AM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Those of you with 1k's

I know this question is a little pointless considering most of you have a track bike or some other 600 to fall back on, but do some of you with just 1k's miss 600's?

I like my R1 and all, but I miss being able to redline 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gear. I love the power n'all, but when i open her up, I really feel like i have to hang on, like fuckin G forces are trying to pull me off the SOB

*Oh yeah, on a side note, when I get back to the 757 one of these weekends, can anyone give me a hand (ie: show me how) adjusting the suspension of my bike. I feel like its sitting too high for some reason. My fucking balls are always against the tank. which is ok, but i dont remember having the weight of my body pressing into the tank so much back on my 6 as I do now with this 1.*
Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Those of you with 1k's

That's why I love my 636! It makes good power and is quick for what it is, but I can open it all the way up just about any time I want and not worry about the wheel coming up unless I want it to, not worry about spinning, not worry too much about being yanked off by gravity..

And best of all, it makes plenty of power for what I want. I ride with several guys with bigger bikes and some of them won't get around me up the mountain or down the mountain unless we hit a straight stretch. I didn't buy my bike for drag racing, or for stretching out 10" and cruising on to pick up women.. you know?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I really wanted an R1 but after riding my buddies for a while I think I don't need it anymore.

I completely understand you.

This faggot named Adam convinced me that a 636 is a better bike.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

definetly miss my 600 big time... i mean its bad ass opening up the 1000 in 3rd or 4th on the highway and just feeling the power, but its extremely illegal and the chance you get to do that is so rare, otherwise sitting on 170hp and being able to use maybe 70 of it most of the time pretty much sucks
Old 04-21-2006, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

lutex1 has disabled reputation

i have a 600, but i want a 1000....even though i have a 02 r6 with stage 2 jet kit. K&N, and full micron...which makes it able to keep up with any 1000 out in pungo....except for the dam uphill bridge...

the only thing i like the 1000 for is poppin your occasional wheelies....power wheelies on a 1000 are so easy....and i like the straightaway power....but alot of 1000 riders have a 600 track bike...so that tells you what they ride when they are trying to go fast
Old 04-21-2006, 05:16 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
definetly miss my 600 big time... i mean its bad ass opening up the 1000 in 3rd or 4th on the highway and just feeling the power, but its extremely illegal and the chance you get to do that is so rare, otherwise sitting on 170hp and being able to use maybe 70 of it most of the time pretty much sucks
That's EXACTLY what i'm feeling! I mean, I ball out all the time, but I have to hit the interstate to do it, and even then im a little shook not knowing what waits in the median

I mean, where i'm at now, the bike just keeps heating up, cuz i cant move fast enough for long enough to keep it cool. And let me tell you first hand--undertail pipes are "cool looking" but are far from being "cool." My fucking ass burns when that bitch is cookin at 220 degress, that fucking pipe under my bum gets hot as fucking hell (which will be fine in the fall, but for the summer )
Old 04-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

i knew she was too much bike for you i dont get the same anxiety really, the 600 class bikes are good for just goin wide open throttle and dartin around but the 750's are really the best bikes IMO. 600 class handling with much more and ample power for the road. the reasons i went 1000, were that i often get stuck with a girlfriend shortly after i buy a bike and i wanted something that would carry two people with ease and not having to have the throttle open hella wide to keep the same pace. also, torrey, once you learn the bike a little better, you will get used to where your throttle needs to be to really enjoy the powerband the 1000 has to offer and yet still ride it like your 600.

The biggest part of the 600 was anticipating your next movements in traffic or should i just say on the road, and you could get with the throttle any time you wanted (almost) and not worry about the bike. with the 1000, ive found it similar but just adding the aspect of being much more conscious about how much power you are unleashing. This is why bret, me, and so many others before us advise noobs to start on 600's or lower, because if you hop on a 750 or more to the point, a 1000 right off the bat, you are too pre-occupied with not killing yourself with the throttle to really learn how to truly ride a motorcycle to the best of your abilities. think of it like a step program. the 600 teaches you to really ride. the 750 teaches you to ride with more power but still some forgiveness. the 1000 is like stepping into the major leauges. to really enjoy it, you need to utilize your riding skills from the previous bikes and now apply the moderation and concentration needed to effectively manipulate your right hand in proportion to the bike, the road conditions, etc etc.

as for your suspension, alot of r1 ppl i know have lowered the bike about an inch to get rid of that up high feeling. its not an expensive mod either so im told.

in closing, i love my 1000, and i dont miss my 600 very much at all. its like saying i love being 21, but the responsibilites are a killer. sure life was easier when you were 14, but you couldnt buy that fine chick at the bar a drink now could you?

Last edited by tiki240; 04-21-2006 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:48 AM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I just got my new bike. I could have got the 600, 750 or 1000 GSX-R no problem. I got the 600.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

You poo poo! I got used to the throttle rather quick (although with the slips on and no tune I notice a huge difference in the midrange), and even my 600 would come off the ground in WOT 1st gear. I'm just saying, for overall casual riding, the 1k is really more power than actually needed. Its fun as hell on the interstate, but right here in town, it sucks ass dude, TRUST ME. Even the YC is more open than this area. People suck at driving here, so i'm more on the lookout here than anywhere else ive been. I mean, I literally ride around in just 1st and 2nd gear around here dude. I have enough power in the bike that I'm making enough speed at a mere 4k/13.5k. I remember my 6 getting to about 8/15.5 and it sounding like it wanted to shift (ie, i could actually shift to 4th in decent traffic. I dunno, I guess i'm kinda hurtin inside that I got all this power and no where to really use it, as well as having more power than I know what to do with. I mean, because of the suspension, my balls are on the tank, but when i open her up, my fucking ass slides back a little on the seat. That's a HUGE HUGE difference from the 6, especially as so low an rpm range. I mean seriously dude, I've had the bike for a month now (minus the few weeks from the lay down) and I have yet to be able to redline 1st or 2nd, partially out and fear and the other part because there is no where to really do it. I'm sure the GSXR1k's do it too, but 100+ in first gear alone is fucking insane.

I mean, can you guys imagine what will be in store for us by like......2010? Think about that shit! Think.......Akira! Hahahaha.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

so now ur gonna sell it and go back to a r6 huh