Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Think twice about a bike

Old 10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: Think twice about a bike

The tittle should be "think twice about borrowing a bike" 2yrs ago I had my tlr1000 and friends...good friends would ask me to let them take a ride. The first thing I would tell them " write me a check for $8000 and you can take it up and down the street all day long". A 1000 has a lot of torque....especially when doing about 30-40mph and jumping on the trottle. ahhhhh the good ol' times.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

stupid thread lock it and move on...i crashed hard as hell other day going like 40 and was wearing gear didn't have much of a problem. Yea it was a mfer to fix bike but your ass shouldn't of been hurt at 25/30. Plus flipping over means you realy dont know how to ride or were trying to do stuff your not good enough to do.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

vaspeedjunky

yes I was not wearing what I was suppose to and that is my fault but I have been riding for sometime now. I don't do stupid things on bike. The bike is being looked at. We think something went wrong with the bike. I have been riding that bike for a while now. Im sorry you guys think that I did something stupid and I can see why you think that but take my work for it I did nothin crazy on the bike. I was in second gear coming out of a corner and out of no were the bike just went up on the back wheel and flipped over and threw me off.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your misfortune I hope you heal fast.. but really that is a rookie mistake you were prob like oh I can handle a 1000 who cant..you were going about 35 cracked the throttle the front came up you freaked any you probably were not holdin your wrist correctly hit the throttle again slamed the tail and then the bike fell over to the left. the title should say "those who are wanting to start on a super sport bike think twice" i dropped my old 600 a few years ago going maybe 5 miles an hour bled a shit load from my knee and my hand ..I ripped my glove.. it doesnt take much.. As for your friend I hope you pay for it I have a select few people that ride my bike and all of them have there own bike so if you crash mine I am taking yours.....Just my take on the situation like I said sorry for your misfortune I feel bad But I hate when people say this happens to all bikes...everything is dangerous take life for what it is ok Rant over Good Night
Old 10-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

"think twice before riding without gear"
Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

I was going to flame away, but there is no need to waste my time.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ef9zc
stupid thread lock it and move on...i crashed hard as hell other day going like 40 and was wearing gear didn't have much of a problem. Yea it was a mfer to fix bike but your ass shouldn't of been hurt at 25/30. Plus flipping over means you realy dont know how to ride or were trying to do stuff your not good enough to do.
+100

lets see...you've never ridden a bike and the first thing u do is get on a 1000cc bike that u have no business putting a leg over and you try to discourage others not to get a bike?

that's just plain ignorance. darwinism at its best.

sorry to say but it would seem to me you have no common sense.

just because you want to ride doesn't mean you're meant to ride. a bike doesn't flip over unless you don't know what you're doing which is what caused your "accident" in the first place. i'll call it an accident just to be nice to you. but all together u don't get any sympathy sorry to say. its your fault, plain and simple. i hope you pay for the bike and not screw your friend although its partially his fault to for even letting you get on it.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vaspeedjunky
yes I was not wearing what I was suppose to and that is my fault but I have been riding for sometime now. I don't do stupid things on bike. The bike is being looked at. We think something went wrong with the bike. I have been riding that bike for a while now. Im sorry you guys think that I did something stupid and I can see why you think that but take my work for it I did nothin crazy on the bike. I was in second gear coming out of a corner and out of no were the bike just went up on the back wheel and flipped over and threw me off.

i'm calling b/s on that. i've been a bike mechanic for 10 year, i've seen the aftermath of alot of wrecks. bikes don't just flip over. the throttle is DIRECTLY CONNECTED to the motor by a cable, it can't just open itself. (unless it's an 06 r6) second gear, low speeds, 1000cc motor, you HAD to have opened the hrottle WAY to much. period. there couldn't have been anything wrong with the bike that would make it flip over on it's own. in the event that ANYTHING related to the throttle would have broken, the throttle bodies would have instantly slammed SHUT, not open.

there's more to this story, maybe you're just not willing to admit that you fucked up, especially seeing as it's not even your bike. you may not want to deal with the angry owner, so you make up something being wrong with the bike.

tell you what, i'm a VERY experienced bike mechanic, and i have worked at almost every jap bike dealer and independant shop in the 757. i will GLADLY come go over the bike with a fine toothed comb to see if there truly is anything wrong with the bike. if there is, i will gladly come right back to this open internet forum and appologise for this entire reply.

for the record, i'm not pissed that you fucked up and are trying to blame the accident on the bike rather than operator error, i'm pissed that because you fucked up and wrecked someone elses bike, that you come on here and try to talk other people out of riding. obviosly you have nothing good to offer to the motorcycling community, so we will be better off without you on the street and on two wheels anyway.

Last edited by skr00zloose; 10-24-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad that you posted this thread, i am going to sell my bike now.

At least wear gloves bro. Sounds like rider ignorance to me
Old 10-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

thats it? i wrecked my r1 at 130 and walked away

Quick Reply: Think twice about a bike