Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Think twice about a bike

Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vaspeedjunky
Default Think twice about a bike

Well about two weeks ago I was riding a GSXR 1000 and was going about 30mph and the bike flipped back and threw me off. I was not hurt to bad but the problem is that the bike was not mine so it going to cost me $2500 to fix the bike. For all you that are thinging of getting a bike please look at the pics I have posted and think twice about it. The damage that you see to me and the bike was only about 25 to 30mph. Just think if I have been going faster what could of happened to me. Here is a link to some other wrecks that some people did not make it out.

www.ride2die.com
scroll down to see the pics

Pics of my wreck

There is also a really bad one on my ass. Im sure you all don't want to see my ass LOL.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default Re: Think twice about a bike

i'd say learn how to ride before you hop on a 1000cc bike.

thats pure rider error, i ride a cbr1000rr all the time and have no issues.

sorry about the fall though...looks pretty painful.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

Originally Posted by l8apex
no shit, i spent three days with my intestines in a bowl full of saline between, my legs, a ruptured bladder, broken ribs and a tottalled bike all because of a stupid bitch in a mercedes.

and now i have to pee all the time (my bladder is scarred and doesent streach anymore)
Old 10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

same as above, the bike just doesnt flip itself, but good luck on the recovery.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:37 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

not to mention...wearing a jacket and gloves you would be injury-less right now. and i dont recomend riding without either...
Old 10-24-2006, 03:41 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

sucks man, but that could of been prevented.

good luck with your recovery. it could be worse.

a buddy of mine let his friend ride his new (at the time) 05 gsxr600. he totalled the bike, plus he didnt have health insurance. he had well over $45k in medical bills (last i heard), and my friend was out a bike that was being financed. he also never got his money. sucks you wrecked a friends bike, but hopefully you pay for it.

nobody has EVER ridden my gsxr. and its reasons like that. its not that i dont trust anyone, but shit like that happens.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zappas
i'd say learn how to ride before you hop on a 1000cc bike.

thats pure rider error, i ride a cbr1000rr all the time and have no issues.

sorry about the fall though...looks pretty painful.
exactly. I ride an r1 occasionally but my first bike was a beat up gsxr 600. I dropped it once going stupid slow but I have learned from my mistakes.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:46 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

ive never been worried about me, im worried about everyone else
Old 10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Sorry to see you got hurt bro.. but as someone else said, the bike doesn't just flip itself backwards and throw you off of it. You should have been weaing gear regardless.

I hope you recover fully, and not let this discourage you from ever riding again... Next time start on a bike that's easier to control, with more manageable power. A 1000RR is not such a good bike for a new rider, but the riders self control and respect for the machine is really what ultimately determines what is a good start bike and what isn't.

Best of luck to you! Things like this don't stop me from riding, so I'm sorry to tell you that you're not going to discourage anyone from buying a bike due to your own misfortune. Sucks that it happened to you, but it wasn't the motorcycles fault.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you weren't wearing any gear, and bikes don't just flip themselves. So, in conclusion I think it's a stupid mistake on your part.

Quick Reply: Think twice about a bike