VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Tell me your wreck stories (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/tell-me-your-wreck-stories-125134/)

CBR600F4 01-30-2006 05:12 PM

Re: Tell me your wreck stories

I don't see why the coating would be any different......................and yes, going around a track at an average of 100+ would eat that crap off allot quicker than normal highway and roadway riding.

The more and more laps I do the better and stickier the tires get. This has to do with eating away at that coating and warming them up.

I'd be willing to bet that it doesn't take anywhere near 100 miles of normal riding to get that coating off; it's just manufacturers and shops being safe.

onepointone 02-04-2006 09:34 AM

every time i put new tires on my sv, i find a big parking lot and do a bunch of circles getting lower and lower with time. maybe about 15 minutes and your tires are nice and scrubbed in.

Del La Sol 1320 02-07-2006 05:59 AM

First crash, was riding my 2001 gsxr 750 in i guess 2003 on broad street with a group of friends, one of them starts a wheelie behind me in the left lane and starts to loop it right nex to me, he flips off the back and then the bike lands sideways and shoots over directly in front of me, i hit it and go over the bars, thanks to good gear all i got was a rashed knee, which wouldn't have happened if i had been wearing more than jeans, and broke my shoulder socket, which would have been worse if i hadn't been wearing my vanson with armor, you could see in the armor where it took alot of the impact, bike was totaled

second crash was at VIR's south course last year on my track bike, i think it was like first lap of the second session, coming into the downhill carosel section there was a group of slower riders, they entered and i couldn't see them after because its kind of blind from where i was, i was coming in pretty fast but misjudged their speed and distance, thought they would be through that part by the time i got into it, but when i get into it they are still just in the middle, your turning and downhill so i didn't try and touch the brakes but stood the bike up and jumped the curb on the right trying to go around the guy but its a series left right left turns and as i came off the curb he flicked the bike to the right directly in front of me and i ran into his rear and went down and tumbled, totally my fault, i lay there and watch as my bike is till upright and it goes around the turn with a group of riders all doing double takes at this riderless bike in their group, then it loses speed and stability and just falls over, i just hurt my toe a little bit when i tumbled, messed my helmet and leathers up pretty good but i was fine, the bike was slightly rashed but not bad at all, and the most important thing is the other guy didn't go down, and no one ever came to me in the paddock and cussed me out or even acknowledge that they had a bike ran up their ass

i've had a couple dirt bike and scooter crashes since but not really worth noting

CBR600F4 02-07-2006 01:56 PM

Ran over a re-tread on the Jersy turnpike on my F4. The front went over fine; my rear tire jumped 3-4 feet in the air. I was so happy that I was alive and didn't wreck that I didn't pull over right away. Finally calmed down and went to pull over; no front brakes!! Still had the rear though. PUll over under a light and I see all of my coolant leaking out. But as I was slowing down to pull over I noticed my brakes coming back.

I had bent both rotors so that the calipers couldn't grab while they were spinning. Cost me 800 bucks at a shop because I had to ride the bike back to Va 2 days later.

That's the last long distance trip I've taken on a bike.

Pulling a stoppie out in Pungo with no gear on and being filmed. Brought the bike up about as far as I could have; but I forgot to lock out my elbows.

I fell off the front of the bike over the nose; the bike went back down on the rear normally and fell over.

My thigh took out my right mirror and the end to my shifter arm broke off. I had fun shifting the whole way home.

Was doing some skidding/burnouts in the mud at one of our stops during a group ride. I decided to turn my mud slinging into a burn out. Once the rear tire connected with the dry pavement the bike froze and I fell over.

Scratched my stator cover.

Last year at VIR coming into turn 7; passed a guy on the brakes (late braked him) on the left (outside). He drifted left to make a right handed turn (wtf?) and slammed into me.

I let him hit me because I had moved up too many positions to just give it up that easily. I ended up passing him and tried to again apply the brakes; no brakes!

He had clipped my steel braided lines (that I had just up-graded to that morning) and I had no brakes.

Tried to make the turn anyway (not knowing he had clipped my lines and thinking that I just had to build pressure back up in the lines after the bump) and I ended up going off into the grass.

Plastics got jacked up and I threw my helmet at the bike.

An old woman pulled out in front of me and I hit her. I was able to brake enough as to not die; but I did get knocked over.

Long story short she had thousands of dollars in damage and I couldn't find a damn thing wrong with my bike.

I let her go and rode home...................not knowing that one of my rotors got bent (refer to story number 1). Went to a buddies house, but the tire on a balancer and pulled out the rotor with some plyers. Worked perfect ever since.

Decided to run my brand new 2005 rr on 8 month old scrubs that had been sitting in my storage unit (and obviously heat cycling). Turn 1 at CMP during my fourth session was the time my front decided to wash out on me.

I had no warning and was down and tumbling before I knew it. The bike high sided once it hit the grass and I stopped myself from tumbling by putting my arms out.

Sharksins held up PERFECTLY!!!! ............well, I did have to repair them. But the plastics I have on my F4 would have been shredded.

I however didn't fair so well...................1 broken rhib, a few cracked rhibs...and I still feel the pain once in a while; and this happened Thanksgiving weekend!!