Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Storage of a Bike

Old 12-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default Storage of a Bike

Hey guys, I am thinking about purchasing my first bike this upcoming weekend. My deliema is that my dad says he does not want it in the garage. He is mad because my step mom wouldn't let him get one but I on the other hand, can. So I was wondering if they make covers to store a bike outdoors? And would it be safe during the winter time? Any info would be great.

Im looking at a 98 CBR btw, its on the For Sale threads here.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Storage of a Bike

yes they make all kinds of covers if you want you can call Emc at 757-825-9006 they range from 40 and up
Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

buy a rubbermaid shed, or get a cover and a bunch of locks, or get your own place.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Brraaap!

Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy Brnguy

Find a cheap storage unit.. Sure u can get a nice size to fit just the bike in and pay like 30 a month on it.. That be ur best bet..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

storage units go for like $45 a month for a 5x5 which I'm not sure if the bike will fit. the next size up go for $75+ month. They do make bike covers, I got a nice one for like $40. Goto motorcycle superstore.com or dennis kirk, etc. they should have covers to macth your specific bike. I also read in a mag. the other month of a "mini pop-up tent like thing" to keep it in, but it was like $200.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by EMC Queen
yes they make all kinds of covers if you want you can call Emc at 757-825-9006 they range from 40 and up
More than likely will be doing this

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
buy a rubbermaid shed, or get a cover and a bunch of locks, or get your own place.
I will look into that, but i think they are like 100 bucks, if I am not mistaken, but probably worth the extra 50-60 bucks

Originally Posted by Brnguy
Find a cheap storage unit.. Sure u can get a nice size to fit just the bike in and pay like 30 a month on it.. That be ur best bet..
yeah my buddy has one that he has a full furnished apt. in. Its small, but he made it all fit and its 30 bucks a month, and its within walking distance of my place, so deff. good idea

Originally Posted by Quentin
storage units go for like $45 a month for a 5x5 which I'm not sure if the bike will fit. the next size up go for $75+ month. They do make bike covers, I got a nice one for like $40. Goto motorcycle superstore.com or dennis kirk, etc. they should have covers to macth your specific bike. I also read in a mag. the other month of a "mini pop-up tent like thing" to keep it in, but it was like $200.
Yeah, I will look into the pop up tent, thanks.

Thank you everyone for the info, if any other have suggestions. Please still post it up!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

buy my 2006 sv650S and ill buy u a bike cover
Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

fuck storage, man up and ride it year round. *Tim Toolman Taylor grunt*
Old 12-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

a decent cover would keep it safe from the weather for the most part but I'd keep it in your back yard and away from prying eyes. Bikes get stolen a lot around here
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Bustadust
buy my 2006 sv650S and ill buy u a bike cover
Haha, thanks man, but I got my eyes on this one bike

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
fuck storage, man up and ride it year round. *Tim Toolman Taylor grunt*
Oh I plan on it, I just want something to cover it up at night and on days I dont ride it.

Originally Posted by xshanex
a decent cover would keep it safe from the weather for the most part but I'd keep it in your back yard and away from prying eyes. Bikes get stolen a lot around here
Thanks for in the info, Yeah Im deff. going to keep it someplace safe.