Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

stolen bikes!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default stolen bikes!!!!

I dont know if this is a repost here but i found this here:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=8194

Hi guys,

Well listen to THIS shit:

This past weekend I went out to ride by myself for a bit. At a red light, I bumped into a group of 3 sportbikers. They were very friendly, and asked me while at the light if I was out for a ride. I responded that I was, and asked where they were headed. It appears they didn't know, and asked to follow me to some good roads. So we gassed up and headed out to Route 5/Osborne Turnpike, a well known excellent ride heading east out of Richmond. I was headed out there anyway, and these guys were older and seemed pretty cool (I'm 36, I pegged 'em around my age).

After the ride, we stopped and snagged a drink at a gas station, and shot the shit. They were all on Yamaha's (2 R1's and an R6). Their bikes were in nice shape. So one guy on an R1 said "man I love this bike, but still feeling it out". It had 3k miles on it, so I asked him where he got it. He said verbatim, "I got it off the street man". So me being naive, I thought he meant a private seller. Well he repeated "off the street" like 5 times. Finally he let me in on something I found very interesting:

All 3 bikes were stolen bikes, re VIN'ed and serialized. That's what "off the street" meant. Apparently there is some sort of operation running out of Portsmouth where a guy who paints bikes also "refurbishes" stolen bikes and turns around and sells them for extremely cheap. The guy on the R6 paid $3k for his, it was almost mint, with 4k miles AND an extra engine. He says each bike comes with a clear title and fresh serial numbers on the engine and frames. Then he showed me where the guy he got it from restamped the frame and engine and went into the process of how he did it.

So I thought they were pulling my leg, and asked if this guy they got their bikes from ever had any Ducatis. The one guy whips out his cell phone and calls the guy who sells them in Portsmouth right then and there - it's his best friend. He asks if the guy has any Ducs "in stock". The guy says "no, but he can within 72 hours. Which model am I interested in and what's my price ceiling?".

Well my freakin mouth hit the damn tarmac when I heard that shit.

So if you live in Virginia and have recently had your Ducati stolen, PM me - maybe I can help you recover it by giving you some info on these guys.

I won't be riding with these guys again, that's for damn sure.

Heads up. There's some real cocksuckers here in Virginia looking to steal bikes that are part of some organized operation.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of
Default Re: stolen bikes!!!!

fuck people who steal shit!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Whats Next?

kntcdis is an unknown quantity at this point

man people have some balls to do that stupid FUCKS its all gonna come back to them sooner or later.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i think i know who you're referring to, stay clear of those guys, you'll end up in alot of trouble. when the shit hits the fan (and it will), i wouldn't wanna be anywhere near them.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

I'm totally against stealing and i would never ever steal any shit from anyone. But if you do it why would you tell random people about it. I mean how stupid can you possibly be.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 AM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

1-800-947-HEAT

VA State Police

The rewards go up to 25,000 but they usually pay very well for busting auto theft and chop shop rings
Old 09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

mrhqv has disabled reputation

dayyymmm thas crazy.... i always garage mine at night. and wouldnt steal anyones.....BUT if some dude was selling a stolen bike(..and he made it legit the right way) for CHEAP, i'd buy it? wouldnt you? dont lie either, just wanna know some opinions.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:00 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ef9zc
I'm totally against stealing and i would never ever steal any shit from anyone. But if you do it why would you tell random people about it. I mean how stupid can you possibly be.

X2!! i dont get it why would you explain in detail to someone that you have a stolen bike...what a bunch of fucking retards.... well he just fucked his best buddy up..... pretty funny i guess they will get what they deserve
Old 09-28-2006, 09:01 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrhqv
dayyymmm thas crazy.... i always garage mine at night. and wouldnt steal anyones.....BUT if some dude was selling a stolen bike(..and he made it legit the right way) for CHEAP, i'd buy it? wouldnt you? dont lie either, just wanna know some opinions.
hell no... your supportting the cause. why would you buy it? would you like it if someone bought your stolen bike and was riding around on it for 1/4th of what you paid?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RightDiddy
hell no... your supportting the cause. why would you buy it? would you like it if someone bought your stolen bike and was riding around on it for 1/4th of what you paid?
yeah x2

if you know it's stolen its the same as stealing it yourself.... cause its not yours or the person you gave money to!

Quick Reply: stolen bikes!!!!