Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Salvage v Clear

Old 07-06-2006, 10:42 AM
LaShawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Default Salvage v Clear

I am new to the the whole bike scene, just got my license and am now looking f or a bike. I have never purchased a vehicale or anything of that nature so there are a few questions I was hoping that somebody could help me answer. The first is what are the major differences and problems of a salvage title versues a Clean/Clear title? When I purchase a bike how do I get it registerd in my name, and does the title have to be switched over too? How much, and how long does this usually take? If the bike has a salvage title, do I have to get it switched to a Clean/Clear title in order to register the bike and insure it? What sort of legal things should I look for, or ask to a potential seller? Like I said before I have never purchased any kind of vehicale before so these might seem like dumb questions sorry. Also if anybody is looking to sell a bike I have about 2k right now, so if you want hit me up. Thanks.

~grom
Old 07-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

bambooi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salvage v Clear

Salvage= can't get full coverage. Harder to sell also. To get it registered and titled in your name the seller signs the title over to you and you take it to the DMV. I don't think you can make a salvage title turn into a clear one.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:07 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by bambooi
Salvage= can't get full coverage. Harder to sell also. To get it registered and titled in your name the seller signs the title over to you and you take it to the DMV. I don't think you can make a salvage title turn into a clear one.
You can get a salvage title turned into a clear one with no problem. You will also be able to get the same insurance coverage once you have a clear title.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Your both wrong--you can NOT register a salvage vehicle in the state of Virginia. You have to get reciepts for parts, an estimate, fill out a VSA 56 salvage request form, email the Investigative services to be put on a waiting list, then WAIT for the inspector to call you and stop by your house to inspect your bike/paperwork. It took me about 3 months waiting. I JUST went through all this BS a few months ago on my stuntbike. U can only clear one bike per year too.

And insurance does'nt matter at all it wont be more expensive or cheaper i pay 300 per year on my cleared stuntbike.

Last edited by Armenian; 07-06-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 AM
_______

Originally Posted by Armenian
Your both wrong--you can NOT register a salvage vehicle in the state of Virginia. You have to get reciepts for parts, an estimate, fill out a VSA 56 salvage request form, email the Investigative services to be put on a waiting list, then WAIT for the inspector to call you and stop by your house to inspect your bike/paperwork. It took me about 3 months waiting. I JUST went through all this BS a few months ago on my stuntbike. U can only clear one bike per year too.

And insurance does'nt matter at all it wont be more expensive or cheaper i pay 300 per year on my cleared stuntbike.
Sorry it took you so long but I got mine within 3 weeks bud. And yes it does have to be inspected and you will have to prove that you bought the parts to have it repaired to be road worthy.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Thank you very much for that information. That answeres alot of my questions especially because I am going to use my bike for commuting and need it right away.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:32 PM
_______

Let me know if you need a number man. I used a lady at DMV and she made it very easy. Supper nice and helpful.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:44 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

i'll bet $$ it wont be as quick as 3 weeks u must've been reaaaal lucky
Old 07-06-2006, 03:53 PM
_______

Originally Posted by Armenian
i'll bet $$ it wont be as quick as 3 weeks u must've been reaaaal lucky
Honestly it moves alot faster if you have a dealers license
Old 07-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Full Access Member

5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts5.0-4life is infamous around these parts
Re: Salvage v Clear

Originally Posted by _____
Honestly it moves alot faster if you have a dealers license
Basically .

Quick Reply: Salvage v Clear