Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.
View Poll Results: Ride in any weather
Yes
27.38%
No!
11.90%
Anything but snow, and down pours
60.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Riding year round

Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default Riding year round

Hey guys, I am just wondering if there are any of you guys (or girls ) that right no matter the weather? I have been thinking about getting a brand new R6 to replace my Ninja 250, and riding it. The cold so much I am not worried about, because I have looked into the heated vest and gloves and plan very much so on getting them. Just kinda looking for what your guys thoughts are on riding in the rain, and other various weather conditions.

I love riding and really would like to ride the bike more than drive this winter.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi
Default Re: Riding year round

Haven't ridden in winter snow or downpours, also any day above 40F with clear weather you should be good so long as you're dressed/geared up good, but below 40F even with some thick ass winter gloves I can't be out there that long before I start to freeze up. Glove liners from an army/military surplus store work great btw.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:22 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Snow I wouldnt do. Downpours are no problem, it only sucks for the first 2 minutes then you're already SOAKED so what difference does it make. You wont melt I promise. Hail the size of marbles SUCKS though. Been caught in one BAD hailstorm and just rode through it on the way home. It was HORRIBLE. I still havent put my bike up for the winter this year and I dont think I will. I will have it down for a while while I dip the carbs and replace the clutch but other than that if it's above freezing out I'm down to ride. Get good gloves and wear long underwear under your riding pants or jeans. You'll be fine.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't owned my bike for a full year yet, but I do plan to continue riding it through the winter - no snow or heavy downpours though.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by oNi
Haven't ridden in winter snow or downpours, also any day above 40F with clear weather you should be good so long as you're dressed/geared up good, but below 40F even with some thick ass winter gloves I can't be out there that long before I start to freeze up. Glove liners from an army/military surplus store work great btw.
yeah I plan on ordering a heating vest, because I have heard if you keep your core temp up, then it will be easier for your body to stay warm. Also, keep some of those small hand warmers under my seat for if it gets unbearable.

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
Snow I wouldnt do. Downpours are no problem, it only sucks for the first 2 minutes then you're already SOAKED so what difference does it make. You wont melt I promise. Hail the size of marbles SUCKS though. Been caught in one BAD hailstorm and just rode through it on the way home. It was HORRIBLE. I still havent put my bike up for the winter this year and I dont think I will. I will have it down for a while while I dip the carbs and replace the clutch but other than that if it's above freezing out I'm down to ride. Get good gloves and wear long underwear under your riding pants or jeans. You'll be fine.
Yeah, if snow comes down it will only be for like 30 mins here at the beach. Anyway, about the rain, I am looking into getting a 1pc rain suit from newenough.com.

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
I haven't owned my bike for a full year yet, but I do plan to continue riding it through the winter - no snow or heavy downpours though.
I think I am going to be the same way. Only reason I see what others think is, I am thinking about selling my car and just riding my bike for like 3 months while I pay off some debt and then buy a new car...
Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

slowandloud has disabled reputation

I like ridding year around ridden in down pours and have also rode on the streets with light snow fall on my street bikes. But rode alot in the fields with alot of snow dosnt hurt as much when you fall over in the snow more padding (thats for dirtbike riding though
Old 11-13-2008, 10:04 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Same here. Also, exceedingly windy days will probably keep me off the bike.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Worst I've dealt with yet is 45' weather with 35mph winds at night in the rain. That was pretty tough, I wont lie.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

My second day on the bike, we were having 30 mph gusts, that was new to me but since then the winds havent really been up. I think that is the worst combo thou wind, rain, and cold
Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

ssslowt3g has disabled reputation

My bikes the only thing I got. I have no choice.