Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

rant: my 2 cents about m/c sales

Old 05-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Free Time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane
Default Re: rant: my 2 cents about m/c sales

Originally Posted by Robizzo

WOW $10,600 to 12.5M those are some hella fees dude

I have a belly button
A good chunk of that is sales tax and DMV fees that you'd pay regardless of whether of not you bought at a dealer or private party. Only difference is the dealer is required to collect it and turn it over to the state/DMV. If you bought private party you'd pay the same amount when you got the bike titled and registered.

Most dealers do also charge crate, setup, and maybe a processing fee that obviously are not part of the equation when you buy private party. But if you're buying private party you're not buying a brand new bike.

I've worked for dealers and while I get both sides of the equation, as a consumer most of those fees irritate me as much as anyone. But there are legitimate costs to the dealer that **some** of those fees help to cover, it's not a total BS fee.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by octane
Most dealers do also charge crate, setup, and maybe a processing fee that obviously are not part of the equation when you buy private party. But if you're buying private party you're not buying a brand new bike.
I guess if the bike is brand-new and a hot item or hard to get, you would pay crating fees (because they know you will pay it). However, I wouldnt buy a bike in the showroom if they were going to tack on a bunch of extra fees that they already were going to incur upon themselves whether or not they hold the bike or sell it.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point

everything is negotiable. nobody has to pay crate, setup, or processing fees. i mean, you can, but if you're a good negotiator, you don't. i bought my 07 seadoo rxp 215hp last new brand new for $10k O.T.D. which is below invoice and hardly anybody can ever get that deal. The key is just keep negotiating.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Robizzo has disabled reputation

you don't have to pay that stuff anyway thats the dealers double dipping, the manufacturers pay that it's part of the dealer wholesale cost

go to the website look up the MSRP and don't pay a penny more than that plus tax tag and title

as far as buying second hand bikes go most owners seem to think their shit is gold for some reason if people don't want to negotiate walk plain and simple

you can buy a 10 year old car cheaper than a 10 year old bike in most cases when the original cost of the car was at least 3x that of the bike

not to single anyone out but someone posted a 97 katana that was all rashed up for $2500 and acted insulted when I offered $500 for it but a friend of mine bought a 99 jetta recently for $2500. I just can't see where someone gets the idea that a beat up motorcycle is worth as much as a car especially a junk bike