Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

rant: my 2 cents about m/c sales

Old 05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rant: my 2 cents about m/c sales

i should put this on craigslist, but i figured here will do just fine. Just want to finally get it off my chest. So here's the deal; and please people, feel free to chime in. I am always looking at motorcycles for sale and seeing them priced at or over retail. Like the guy on here with an 97 gsxr 750 for $5500....dude what the fuck are you smoking.. you can buy a BRAND NEW 750 w/ 0 miles for $9500. so you think in over then years your bike only depreciated 3g's??? Get real. Or like the guy with the 06 busa for $10k.....dude you can get an 08 for less than that; what the fuck are you smoking? Or the guy with the 01 f4i for $5,600...Dude, your bike is only worth about $3-3,500. What part of your ass did you pull $5,500 from? And here's another thing...where do people figure they can still get top dollar for a bike with damage? Last time I checked you can't just paint a fairing and resticker it back to factory; you have to buy a whole new fairing which is generally $500. I love how people say there bike was laid down at 10mph and has no noticeable damage but when you go look at it, the side fairings are rashed, the tail is rashed, bar ends is rashed, levers are rashed, pegs are rashed, pipe is rashed, etc... you get my point. Yet the seller still wants close to retail.

I don't mean to go on and on, but this aggravates the living piss out of me. Not only on motorcycles, but cars too. I honestly just don't know where people pull this shit from. I can understand if they want retail for an absolutely flawless piece that has been serviced regularly and is up to date but for those with a million miles, and not perfect, I just don't see where they get it. Nobody ever said not to try to get a fair price, but some people are just flat out, out of the ballpark.

Last edited by cbucgo; 05-07-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: rant: my 2 cents about m/c sales

tis' the season
Old 05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2>4
tis' the season
lol. that doesn't quite do it for me. you can go to a dealer and buy them cheaper than private party sellers are selling them for. lol. and they are fully serviced and inspected. and typically negotiate the price more.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

redlinepsh redlinepsh redlinepsh redlinepsh redlinepsh redlinepsh redlinepsh

Originally Posted by cbucgo
lol. that doesn't quite do it for me. you can go to a dealer and buy them cheaper than private party sellers are selling them for. lol. and they are fully serviced and inspected. and typically negotiate the price more.
agree'd 100%.

A local guy tried to sell me a 2005 ninja 636r with 6k miles on it for $6200..
went to a local dealer... 2007 ninja zx6r(which is a better, faster bike) with 2600 miles on it and..5 year extended warrenty for $6300...... guess which one i bought?

like i said.. i totally agree..what's wrong with people..
Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

thanks man. it's means alot to see others agree. i hate to come across like an ass, but i honestly just have no idea what part of their ass some people pull their prices from.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cbucgo
i should put this on craigslist, but i figured here will do just fine. Just want to finally get it off my chest. So here's the deal; and please people, feel free to chime in. I am always looking at motorcycles for sale and seeing them priced at or over retail. Like the guy on here with an 97 gsxr 750 for $5500....dude what the fuck are you smoking.. you can buy a BRAND NEW 750 w/ 0 miles for 8k. so you think in over then years your bike only depreciated 3g's??? Get real. Or like the guy with the 06 busa for $10k.....dude you can get an 08 for less than that; what the fuck are you smoking? Or the guy with the 01 f4i for $5,600...Dude, your bike is only worth about $3-3,500. What part of your ass did you pull $5,500 from? And here's another thing...where do people figure they can still get top dollar for a bike with damage? Last time I checked you can't just paint a fairing and resticker it back to factory; you have to buy a whole new fairing which is generally $500. I love how people say there bike was laid down at 10mph and has no noticeable damage but when you go look at it, the side fairings are rashed, the tail is rashed, bar ends is rashed, levers are rashed, pegs are rashed, pipe is rashed, etc... you get my point. Yet the seller still wants close to retail.

I don't mean to go on and on, but this aggravates the living piss out of me. Not only on motorcycles, but cars too. I honestly just don't know where people pull this shit from. I can understand if they want retail for an absolutely flawless piece that has been serviced regularly and is up to date but for those with a million miles, and not perfect, I just don't see where they get it. Nobody ever said not to try to get a fair price, but some people are just flat out, out of the ballpark.
Preach it man. I'm totally with you. I think its nuts what people are asking for for some of these bikes. Saw a 2006 GSXR that had been down, rashed tail, side, exhaust, etc, etc, and he wanted 6000 for it? Then told me you could get parts on ebay to make it brand new for a few hundred dollars... Not to mention all the 90's bikes for sale for 3500+ when thats what early 2000 bikes should be selling for or less! But like its been said, its the season... It just sucks that people out there are actually stupid enough to pay that much or the prices would drop... *sigh* guess we'll just have to wait till the end of summer when riding season is over to get a decent price
Old 05-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

guess they are tryin to pay off a loan note
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 2>4
guess they are tryin to pay off a loan note
Thats another thing...I hate when people say "I owe "x" on the bike and cant let it go for anything less". Thats fine if the bike is worth that, but its not the buyer's fault if you are upside-down on your bike.

Furthermore, if you have obviously overpriced your bike dont get pissed off when someone offers you a reasonable offer right at what the bike is worth.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

I hear what you're saying, and while I agree that the prices some people ask for their bikes are ridiculous - but can you blame a guy for getting the most money possible for his bike if the market will bear it? Seriously. I think the fact that these guys find buyers at these inflated prices is unreal, but I can't blame a guy for making the most of a sale. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. I bought my bike in January before prices rose with the season and before everyone and their brother was looking for a bike, giving sellers the advantage. I wouldn't pay $5,500 - or even the $4,100 he got for an 11 year old gixxer with 22,000 miles on it - but the guy found a buyer, so good for him. Do you give your shit away when you sell it?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 AM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL I guess people are always trying to make a buck or two but people always dumb enough to buy it too.

Never buy anything over blue book, even if it has "extras".

Quick Reply: rant: my 2 cents about m/c sales