Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

opinions on ZX6R 636?

Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 AM
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default opinions on ZX6R 636?

after looking around for quite a while, i have pretty much decided I want to try and get a Kawi 636. probably about an 04.

what are the opinions of people who have ridden this bike? anything i should know about before getting one? I didn't like the bright green at first but its grown on me, and i'm thinking thats the color i'll be getting, although i like the blue, and this reddish color that i've only seen once (the guy told me its a rare color).

thanks for your input
Old 05-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Dargonz has disabled reputation
Default Re: opinions on ZX6R 636?

I have an '03 636, great bike.

The seat is terrible, it's gonna crush your balls, I reccomend getting a shaved seat to flatten it out a bit. The tach is also kinda of a pain, it's LCD and kinda hard to read at times when you can't sit an really look hard at it. And the valves tick on them nothing to worry about though, just scary if you don't know whats up.

Other than that I love mine, handles great, very tossable in a turn, light, doesn't stretch you out too much, but when you tuck your knees kind of get in the way. Lots of power for a 600. I suggest you get an exhaust either full or slip on, and a PC III to really bring it to life.

The '03/'04 636's were in the top ten greatest bikes of all time, and can't find the article right now, but rest assured there great bikes.

Hope this helps
Old 05-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

BlackXplorer has disabled reputation

i have a 04 636 and i have no doubts about the bike at all. a lot of power in mid range and smooth while at high speed. has a lot of bragging rights among other bikes in the 600 class even it's 36cc more above the rest. i assure you that this bike will take care of you as long as you do the same. great choice!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

my fav 600 out there. It actually has some midrange and usable power for day to day riding unlike most of the newer 600's. I actually like the looks of the 05-06 a bit better
Old 05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
apex-digital.net

slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6

05 up are fuel injected, dont know if that matters to you. i loved my 05, either way great bikes smart choice.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:04 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

arn't 03/04 fuel injected too??
Old 05-21-2006, 05:09 PM

Fear is an unknown quantity at this point

My best friend bought an 05. Its got noticable more power than my f4i. I like the looks of it alot but when he let me ride it I hated how you had to sit on it. He swears that it grows on you but i felt like i was sitting too close to the front. Its almost like your body forms to the bike or something. Anyways keep enough money left to get some good gear to go with it!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by WutupYo
arn't 03/04 fuel injected too??
Yes they are. They started after the '02 model (looked like the ZX9R)
Old 05-22-2006, 04:03 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Good choice if you get a 636! Great bike. I've had two ZX6R's now and wouldn't want to ride anything else personally, other than a Kawasaki.

You might even be able to find a good deal on an '05 for what you can find a 2003/2004 for. I got a nearly brand new, just broken in, 2005 636 for more than a thousand bucks less than everyone else was selling them for.. Had 1500 miles on it roughly, adult owned, broken in properly, all service history, and he threw in two jackets and a pair of riding pants. On top of that, he delivered it from Kentucky!!! Wait for a great deal and you won't regret it. Just remember: MONEY TALKS! If you're going to make a lowball offer to someone, have money in hand. If they're having trouble getting what they want out of it, and absolutely have to sell, you might walk away with an insane deal if you have money in hand.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:00 AM
AC-UR-AGE

marshallbc will become famous soon enough

Love my 04, I have put about 2k on it in the last two months and just love it. The seat does suck though, I shaved it and dropped it 2" in the rear for the stance I wanted, through a MIG high mount full exhaust on it and some other stuff but I think the seat shaving is the best thing I've done. Oh and HID's would be a great idea for the late nite riding...

Quick Reply: opinions on ZX6R 636?