Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.
View Poll Results: Have you reconsidered evading?
yes
43.75%
no
15.63%
no, but good point
21.88%
i always run and still do.
18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Ok we know the rules are changing...

Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Ok we know the rules are changing...

it is cause Texas is great
Plus there are tons of hot chicks over there
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
actually, if i really did move, it probably would be to texas.
Ok, we are all moving to Texas. And no, I don't know how much for the concrete...I won't have any hookups there...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
actually, if i really did move, it probably would be to texas.
Well I'll be in Dallas so hit me up when u get in town biatch
Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

are there alot of black ppl in texas? or would it be like me moving to South carolina? (im not saying that there arent black ppl in the south....just dont wanna pull that whole "YOURE DATING A BLACK MAN ?!" that shit gets old when im tryin to get my vanilla scoop on...)
Old 06-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

lol tiki
it depends where you are in Texas
Where i am from i used to be the token Black guy. Of course now it has changed alot in the 361.Of course the Hispanic population is the greatest thru out south texas and up north is the gringos
Old 06-28-2007, 05:08 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

i dont have the patience for *most* hispanic women. puerto ricans are good tho

edit: is it possible to jack your own thread?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Registered member

the jackin started at the mention of movin
Old 06-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Cube Jockey

speedymatt has disabled reputation

let me preface my comments by when i said or say "you" i mean the "general public" you so don't take things so seriously.

Originally Posted by tiki240
As for your comment on using your brakes, last time I checked, semi trucks freqently range between 3 and 7 cars in length. if one begins to come into your lane and (mind you, you ARENT in his blind spot) you are to the side of the semi with traffic behind you and to your other side, im not going to risk getting on the brakes hard and hope he either hears me blaring my horn and jumps back into his lane, or the car behind me not paying attentiong to my brake light and running me down. im going to accelerate while hitting my horn. this may not be a viable solution for you, as you say you have a slow bike, but to 90% of the sportbikes out there, its a better approach IMO.
Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
1) You get rear ended buy the motorist behind you that is barely paying attention to you and has shoddy brakes.
ok lets look at this. lets say a truck is 7 car lengths and he comes over, the way i see it is if your less than halfway up on the truck you can brake relitively easy and cover 3.5 cars easily without jamming up the car behind you. but lets go the other direction, lets say at halfway you want to accelerate to avoid the truck, worse case you crowd the left line, he now has to cover 12' of travel lane as your moving forward to cover 3.5 car lengths. and even with my bike, that can be done without hitting 20mph over the limit. to add to that the argument, with a sport bike, which we agree is small, most times you can find a 5' hole to squeaze into for a second just to get out of danger. the guy with the shoddy brakes probably would hit you or the back of the truck anyway whether you jammed them or not so oops.

and as with your other stance that someone should slow down and be patient and wait for another hole in traffic to make an exit, that too can and more often than not is more hazardous. chances are, if traffic is heavy enough that you cant get over to your right, the traffic behind you is just as heavy. accelerating momentarily, given enough space and short enough distance to cover to a open spot is availible without hitting your brakes once again hoping people see you is all the better
Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
2)right. I will slow down in Va traffic that is backed up for miles on the exit lane to get to a hole that is 50 cars back. Not to mention every car is damn near going 3 over. no thanks
the orginal post it was assumed your going 55-65 so lifting off the throttle enough to get behind the car beside you instead of in front shouldn't be a big deal. and now that we're talking heavy traffic, heavy traffic around here crawls, so are you going to accelerate through the car in front of you to find a hole? plus if traffic is heavy your not doing anywhere close to 20 over so if you could accelerate to find a hole, it shouldn't be at reckless speeds. if you know the area well enough to elude you should know the areas where traffic backs up, and thus already be in the lane you need.

Also, your "holier than thou" attitude wont get you much support. just because you enjoy tooling around town on your 800 gives you the feeling you are looking for being on 2 wheels, doesnt mean its for everyone. There is a time and a place for everything, especially the variances in peoples PERSONAL riding styles.
i don't need anyones support, my opinion is just that, my opinion. if they want to run then chances are they ride reckless most of the time and feel they have a reason to run. if you ride responsibly then you should be more curious as to why your getting pulled, then thinking you need to run. this is where you took my post to personal. however by your argument if you don't like riding for riding then why not just drive a turbo civic? if its the speed your after then the reckless/eluding higher fines are justified and you shouldn't complain if you get pulled.

In addition, jail time is a serious concern in Va beach as reckless can land you there anyways. I personally believe it is ludacris that the lawmakers have upped the fines for these things to such an awful price. to alot of people, 4k IS life for them. If anything, the fines for DUI and possession should be upgraded. and if you dont have the money to pay, what then? your credit score goes in the shitter and they garnish your wadges.. and once again IM NOT TALKING ABOUT RIDERS WHO ARE IN GENERAL IRRESPONSIBLE. im speaking about the average joe sport/cruiser/whatever rider who makes a concious decision based on traffic conditions to accelerate to accomodate.
the 4k isn't due at one time. it's broken into three payments over two years in most cases. but if you can't pay don't speed recklessly. i agree the only problem with the laws is that the severity of the crime doesn't match the fine. and the fact it only applies to VA drivers. other states including texas have similar civil penilties but they only apply to out of state drivers. the police aren't out to get you for defensive riding only reckless.

I also specified in my post that if the rider knew the area well as well as the traffic patterns there. I.E. stop signs and traffic signals. We ALL know that running is dangerous, can get you in BIG trouble, and maybe most importantly WRONG, but that doesnt stop people from doing most ANYTHING nowadays. and with the laws being put in place such as these fines, its not surprising that more people would want to gamble on the side of getting away than bending over and being raped out of their money.
well if it were possible to now when every light is green and you never had to cross a yeild or a stop sign then i guess you would just get time for eluding not felony eluding.

in closing, I also specified that reckless charges are at an officers discretion. whether or not what you were ACTUALLY doing was a reckless act or not has almost nothing to do with it. how do I know? Ive been there. And yes, I had my charges dropped because we had to go through all the hassle of taking photos, and recreating the scene for the judge, it was alot of time and heartache and money spent just to prove myself innocent. either better laws on the definition of reckless driving need to be created, or you are going to have exactly what this thread/ poll shows. more and more usually law abiding citizens seriously considering/ going through with breaking more laws to recieve the lesser of two evils.
yes but you were found innocent, thats the point, it's one thing to debate about a momentary burst of speed to avoid an emergency situation, and another to knowingly ride reckless. should you pay the fines and ticket if you are "crusing" at 95mph, yes, should you pay them if you have to jump to 75 to avoid a big rig and then return to the speed of traffic, no, and those are the situations that can be explained. its a pain but thats the difference. the officers view of situations shouldn't change because of the new penlities, if he wittnesses you flying by at 95 then your reckless if he sees the "big rig" situation and you return to a normal speed thats being safe and i doubt he would pull you for a second of speed just to hit you with the penlities. and if he does just explain the situation to the judge.

as for the cagers not being a factor because they aren't paying the fines, my only comment would be that if they feel unsafe by your flying by them and it pisses them off, that driver now generalizes every biker in with the reckless crowd. just like every modified import owner is involved with street racing. it draws undue attention to our segment and makes that momentary burst of speed seem less like an emergency move and more like a reckless act.

sorry for the length guys.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered member

too long
did not read it
Puerto Rican chicks got dat nice juice booty but their attitudes kill me. Of course the ones i met are from New York so that maybe a big factor
Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Cock of the Infinite

i dated a 'rican girl... she and her family were wild, but fun nonetheless. and agreed. that post was hella long. ill read it on my lunch break

Quick Reply: Ok we know the rules are changing...