Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.
View Poll Results: Have you reconsidered evading?
yes
43.75%
no
15.63%
no, but good point
21.88%
i always run and still do.
18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Ok we know the rules are changing...

Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Cock of the Infinite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240
Default Ok we know the rules are changing...

with the rules changing july 1st,who here has reconsidered their stance on "evading" the police? between the charge for reckless being to officers discrection, and it being well over 2,000 dollars if you are charged with it, PLUS losing your license, the insurance increase, and possible jail time if your are in VA beach when it happens... Ive heard ALOT of riders renig on their no run policy. when you consider that the cost of going 20 mph over for even a hot second (which is MORE than easy to do on a bike) can cost you over 3-4k im starting to waver myself. many of you know me, and have seen my riding style, im reserved, cautious and generally obey the rules of the road. but whos to say that a semi truck doesnt cut you off or you see you need to speed up to get to a hole in traffic to make your exit... what do you do??
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL
Default Re: Ok we know the rules are changing...

it's still hard to outrun a radio
Old 06-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

very hard to outrun a radio, but you are assuming that you are going straight on the highway. most riders get off the highway as soon as possible and dodge through town. (especially if you are familiar with the area and traffic patterns)
Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Way to make non-riders think highly of you...
Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I don't think I'd run. That's probably because I'm trying to get into the department anyways.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Cock of the Infinite

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
Way to make non-riders think highly of you...
unless the non-riders are paying the fines for you, i dont think they should be a factor
Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
IDB
AAAAHHHHHH

IDB is on a distinguished road

I've only had one encounter with the police while I was riding on the street. I knew he was behind me, and that he had probablygotten my tag#, so I just pulled in the gas station to get some gas and he pulls up beside me tells me that my brake light is out and said nice bike. If I was faced with having to run now, I'd do it in a heartbeat! $2000is alot of money.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Cube Jockey

speedymatt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tiki240
who here has reconsidered their stance on "evading" the police? between the charge for reckless being to officers discrection, and it being well over 2,000 dollars if you are charged with it, PLUS losing your license, the insurance increase, and possible jail time if your are in VA beach when it happens... Ive heard ALOT of riders renig on their no run policy. when you consider that the cost of going 20 mph over for even a hot second (which is MORE than easy to do on a bike) can cost you over 3-4k im starting to waver myself.
personally i ride a slow bike and enjoy being on two wheels, so no, 20+mph over isn't easy for me and if someone thinks they are going to get into more trouble with the new laws then a)rethink your riding style and if you should be riding at all and b) think about getting a slower bike and just enjoy being out there.

but whos to say that a semi truck doesnt cut you off.... what do you do??
use your brakes they're better than the trucks.

you see you need to speed up to get to a hole in traffic to make your exit... what do you do??
try slowing up for the next hole and stop trying to rush.

Originally Posted by Illegal
it's still hard to outrun a radio
+1 +i choose life over running and possible death.

very hard to outrun a radio, but you are assuming that you are going straight on the highway. most riders get off the highway as soon as possible and dodge through town. (especially if you are familiar with the area and traffic patterns)
run around here and eventually you have to cross a stop sign or red light. what then run it? get hit? hit someone not looking for a fleeing motorcycle? then what if you don't out run the radio? felony evading = jail.

sorry if i took this too far but it just pissed me off, ride for the pleasure not the speed. you do the motorcycle community a dis-service when you ride irresponsibly.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Buy a jet ski
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by speedymatt
you do the motorcycle community a dis-service when you ride irresponsibly.
It doesn't matter unless they are paying for the fines for him.

Quick Reply: Ok we know the rules are changing...