Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

nitrogen in bike tires?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM
SV haver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe
Default Re: nitrogen in bike tires?

^^^^ just like dyna beads.... google it.. they work VERY WELL...
Old 09-27-2008, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

93hatch has disabled reputation

big truck tires use that. works good.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:56 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

i've heard of of ppl using 3 golf balls on really big truck tires.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chappe
or that... I'm pretty sure helium will def reduce unsprung weigh... meaning FASTER acceleration, turn in, more ability to slalom and corner ingeneral... the only problem would be finding out if your wheels or tires would corrode any faster or become weak because of whatever propeties are found in helium... who knows..

right.....the weight difference will be negligible if there even is any and the performance will be next impossible to determine.

you would have better luck reducing unsprung weight by getting aftermarket rims and finding the lightest quality tires possible
Old 09-27-2008, 06:07 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by xshanex
right.....the weight difference will be negligible if there even is any and the performance will be next impossible to determine.

you would have better luck reducing unsprung weight by getting aftermarket rims and finding the lightest quality tires possible
i agree. hell, i have a freakin bagger at my shop right now i put full carbon fiber rims and lindall racing composite rotors on, and even that pig handles pretty decent now (for what it is).

i had a set of magnesium dymags on one of my old bikes, and from my experience, that was the best damn upgrade i've ever done to a motorcycle. expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

besides, i don't want anything flamable in my damn tires, lol.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i agree. hell, i have a freakin bagger at my shop right now i put full carbon fiber rims and lindall racing composite rotors on, and even that pig handles pretty decent now (for what it is).

i had a set of magnesium dymags on one of my old bikes, and from my experience, that was the best damn upgrade i've ever done to a motorcycle. expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

besides, i don't want anything flamable in my damn tires, lol.
I just remember reading like 1,000 threads on the negative handling effects of chrome rims back in the day and it turned out that while the chrome did add a tiny tiny bit of weight.....so did paint...the type of rim....and tires varied in weight enough to be the biggest factor out there....and even then it wasn't a major difference

BTW steve....I'm trying to find an xs650 out here in Cali to convert over to a chop/bob I was reinspired after seeing probably the sickest triumph chop/bob ever when I was out in Vegas over the weekend. I tried to grab some pictures but after I ran to get my camera out of the truck the guy was taking off.