Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Nitrogen filled tires?

Old 12-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts
Default Nitrogen filled tires?

I just got a set of OEM Rims w/Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. When I checked the tire pressure I noticed that the valve stem caps were green with a logo. When I went to get a closer look at the stem cap it said "Nitrogen". So I called the previous owner, he told me that the tires came filled with Nitrogen from the dealer when he purchased his new car.

Now the problem is that the closes facility with Nitrogen around here is in VA Beach. However after doing a research I found out that I can use regular air. However this is kind of stupid if the dealers are not going to have Nitrogen to refill your tires.

In addition must of the facilities will not service your tires unless you are a member like Costco or bought the car or tires from them.

Do you guys know of any facility around Newport News that has Nitrogen for the tires?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: Nitrogen filled tires?

I'm pretty sure the Honda dealership in Churchland/Western Branch (right by the 164 freeway and WaWa) does.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I'm pretty sure the Honda dealership in Churchland/Western Branch (right by the 164 freeway and WaWa) does.
Found this site:

http://www.nitrofill.com/CustomerDealers.aspx?state=VA

http://www.getnitrogen.org/index.php

Last edited by SlowGhost; 12-27-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

just add regular air. it wont hurt reg air is somewhere like 78% nitro anyway
Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/wtf-nitrogen-268933/
Old 12-28-2008, 11:40 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Nitrogen is a waste IMO. We put them in every single car off the showroom floor, and guess what, we still get customers coming back with tire pressure indicators, and often.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

The "wtf" thru my search off.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM
do a da cha cha

SH-IZZLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Nissan of newport news does it. We charge 20 or 30 dollars for it but like stated above we have plenty of people returning due to there tpms lights coming on.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

kibbles has disabled reputation

my buddy had his tires filled with nitrogen and they wore out hella fast.. idk if your will do the same i thought it was suppose to help lol.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by EMFhatesElambz
Nitrogen is a waste IMO. We put them in every single car off the showroom floor, and guess what, we still get customers coming back with tire pressure indicators, and often.
Hell yeah you do.. fuckers.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen filled tires?