Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Need Experienced Eyes and Opinions

Old 04-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PktHlk has disabled reputation
Default Need Experienced Eyes and Opinions

Ok so I finally found a bike, but don't have many available friends that ride. I wanted to post this up here to see what you guys thought so when I go to look at it I know what to look for and what other questions to ask that I may not have thought about and all that jazz. I figured you guys would be the best ones to ask. lol. call me lame if you want I don't care. i value your opinions sorry. Just let me know what you guys think and what i should be lookin for when i go to talk to this person. Thanx..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1078531149.html
P.S I already read the bike buying thread..
Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Experienced Eyes and Opinions

49K? thats a ton of miles...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Hell yeah.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

AkrisD has disabled reputation

Damn dude, you can do better than that. That bike looks and sounds like it's been beat to hell and back. Plus it's gs500 which aren't exactly super rare or sought after. I'd offer 800 tops for that thing.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

That is a woman
Old 04-03-2009, 07:05 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by PktHlk
Ok so I finally found a bike, but don't have many available friends that ride. I wanted to post this up here to see what you guys thought so when I go to look at it I know what to look for and what other questions to ask that I may not have thought about and all that jazz. I figured you guys would be the best ones to ask. lol. call me lame if you want I don't care. i value your opinions sorry. Just let me know what you guys think and what i should be lookin for when i go to talk to this person. Thanx..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1078531149.html
P.S I already read the bike buying thread..
There's nothing wrong with asking for help. There's a lot of great advice in the bike buying thread, but general common sense goes a long way too when it comes to buying a bike, even if you don't know much of anything about bikes. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and look over every inch of the bike for anything the seller hasn't told you about.

Originally Posted by Mongoose87
49K? thats a ton of miles...
Not really. There's a guy in Cali with over 80k miles on a 2005 or 2006 ZX10R. This bike is old as hell. I'd be willing to bet this one has been beaten on its entire life, but 49k is not a lot of miles if you really think about it. It's just that most people sell or destroy a motorcycle before they are able to really run it into the ground. If you take care of them, they can last longer than you.

Originally Posted by AkrisD
Damn dude, you can do better than that. That bike looks and sounds like it's been beat to hell and back. Plus it's gs500 which aren't exactly super rare or sought after. I'd offer 800 tops for that thing.
I'm going to have to agree. I wouldn't even consider paying full price for that. It looks ragged.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

There's a big difference between 49k miles on a liquid cooled four and an air cooled twin. 49k on a GS is overhaul time.

You can get a clean low mileage GS for $1,500 - that's a lot of scratch for an old cobbled together twin. If you really like the GS go to www.gstwin.com and lurk on the board there. Plus, they have a good classified section.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I am waiting for skrooze to speak up on this.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

I know the owner of that bike, it's well taken care of, if it's the same bike (kinda hard to believe there's be 2 cut down GS's in the are, but I guess it's possible)
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

i think its not worth anything above $1k... its a cool little bike though... It would look sweet with USD forks, blacked out frame SA ect and a dual light set up

Quick Reply: Need Experienced Eyes and Opinions