Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

My new bike!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My new bike!!!

After looking for one for what seemed like forever, I finally got a bike. It was finalized over a week ago, but the actual transaction didnt happen until tonight. Its a 94 Yamaha Seca II. Asking price was 1950, I paid 1750. Not bad considering the extra's it came with, and it has 17,000 miles. I rode it around the block (my first ever on a bike) and it was great. Steering is very natural. The fastest I went was 25 mph in second gear, but even that felt really fast. Its really wierd now sitting in my chair at the computer, I fell like if I lean the chair is gona start to tip over. I can't wait to ride it tommorow when its light out.

I started my insurance already, and it turns out it going to be less then they originally told me. Only 290 a year instead of 416 for liability and comprehensive (progressive). Anyways, here are some pictures I snapped tonight. Ill get some better ones in the daylight tommorow.

http://community.webshots.com/album/196159890pMqEVM

The last shot in there is what im working on right now to store my bike. There used to be a big bush there, but i took that out. Im gona throw it into the shredder and make some mulch with it. Then im gona lay down some cement slabs for the wheels to rest on, bricks to the side for the kickstand, and then fill the rest of the area with the mulch. Ill probably put bricks or a 4x4 along the edges to keep the stuff out of the garden. Also going to extend a roof from the shed over top of the bike to protect it.

-Mike
Old 10-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation
Default Re: My new bike!!!

good starter bike. learn as much as you can riding it then move on to a 600. better off that way than starting on a brand new 600 only to drop it and have it depreciate. should join us for a ride sometime
Old 10-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

thats awesome, its a good looking seca too... glad to see you already have a jacket, your off to a good start, just keep taking your time and you'll be fine and have so much fun
Old 10-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

I like it man that bike does looks good... reminds me of chinos bike