Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I'll be back soon bitches. Ducati Diavel ordered

Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM
$Level$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: I'll be back soon bitches. Ducati Diavel ordered

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I like it a lot... IMO a functional riding position is very important for actually enjoying the bike.
Agreed. I would have preferred a blond:

Old 11-23-2010, 03:51 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Rich
Are you serious? I mean are you that mad that you have to try and convince me that in some odd way YOUR opinion and taste in motorcycles would have any semblance of importance to me? Seriously? This motorcycle is "baller" status and I would lose "class" by buying it? You have mistaken a mans' monetary income to be related to character. It's OK son.....you don't have to ride it. I buy what appeals to me and a Harley is not that.
i was just providing some suggestions. and yes, i do think my opinion is important to you. people who buy ducatis typically care about what other people think. don't worry, though- you've got enough nutriders on these boards to justify your frivolity. you'll just have to deal with the majority of us normal folk that actually see that bike for what it really is- ugly and overpriced.

maybe i'd like it better in person? i'm just not seeing any appeal in that bike at all... don't tell me you didn't think you'd get some sort of negative reaction from choosing a butt-ugly ducati as your answer for a midlife crisis. if not, then maybe i'm doing you a favor. in all seriousness, if a few snide comments on a message board have any effect on you at all, i highly recommend you do, in fact, cancel that order.

plus, i've seen too many 'old' men buy a ducati just to either wreck or sell it within the first 1000 miles. you may be onto something with income not being directly proportionate to character or class, but nobody likes to throw away money. based loosely on your past history from posting on this board and your tendency for a high vehicle turnover rate, i think this is a recipe for disaster.

i'm just here to help.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Congrats on the bike, eek on the $21K
I thought Duc's prices had gotten more reasonable?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

I personally don't like the bike. I did however like your old bike you had that you sold because you never road it.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:32 AM
$Level$

Originally Posted by blackout

i'm just here to help.
Well thanks for the thoughtfulness. I think I'll be alright so leave your assumptions and stereotype behind and I won't "assume" anything about you from what I know of you. I've been riding a bike off and on for 30+ years so I'm not quite the "typical" old guy buying a mid life crisis bike.

High turnover rate?
Weren't you the guy trying to sell a R6 with only 820 miles on it? Oh yeah, you were: "My 09 r6 with 820 miles on it... gone. without a trace. I was trying to sell it" You also tried selling a GT250R with only 1300 miles on it. And you've been trying to sell that M3 shortly after you bought it in December of 2006. I've had both of my cars LONGER than that...........so, next time you might think twice before proving you're hypocritical Andy. Glass houses son.

Now, back on topic. It's OK if you don't like the bike. I don't think it is the best looking by far, but as an enthusiast, I like the fact the bike is 200lbs lighter and has 40 more horsepower than a V-Rod and should shake up the power cruiser category. Sure, I'd love to have a 1198S Corse bike, but I'd probably ride this more often and....oh my, it is $5,000 cheaper.

You are more than welcome to take it for a spin when it comes in.

Last edited by Rich; 11-23-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Well thanks for the thoughtfulness. I think I'll be alright so leave your assumptions and stereotype behind and I won't "assume" anything about you from what I know of you. I've been riding a bike off and on for 30+ years so I'm not quite the "typical" old guy buying a mid life crisis bike.

High turnover rate?
Weren't you the guy trying to sell a R6 with only 820 miles on it? Oh yeah, you were: "My 09 r6 with 820 miles on it... gone. without a trace. I was trying to sell it" You also tried selling a GT250R with only 1300 miles on it. And you've been trying to sell that M3 shortly after you bought it in December of 2006. I've had both of my cars LONGER than that...........so, next time you might think twice before proving you're hypocritical Andy. Glass houses son.

Now, back on topic. It's OK if you don't like the bike. I don't think it is the best looking by far, but as an enthusiast, I like the fact the bike is 200lbs lighter and has 40 more horsepower than a V-Rod and should shake up the power cruiser category. Sure, I'd love to have a 1198S Corse bike, but I'd probably ride this more often and....oh my, it is $5,000 cheaper.

You are more than welcome to take it for a spin when it comes in.
trust me, the bikes and even the m3 were mistakes, i almost wish i'd had someone call me an idiot for thinking it and listened... don't expect me to defend my own stupid decisions. in all honesty i wish i could have a bike, but it's just not meant to be. i never thought it would happen beforehand- but literally the first time i brought that r6 up to redline, every time i looked at the bike i just kept seeing myself splattered all over the tarmac. whoever stole it actually did me a favor... because yeah, i was trying to sell it anyway. i guess it was just something that i had to experience firsthand- i did, and lost money on it. quite a bit, actually.

so yeah, if i ever post up in here about considering a ducati, please feel free to call me out on it, because there would be about a 95% chance i'd be trying to get rid of it within 6 months... that, plus a couple people i know who have gone through ducatis in your exact same situation- "i have money to burn, i miss riding but there was a significant reason i got rid of my old bike but i'll choose to ignore that now, let me buy this ducati on a whim- oh shit, i never ride it, the payment is ludicrous, i'd rather spend the money somewhere else, etc. etc.", coupled with my disapproval of the bike led to the haterade being consumed.

you seem pretty confident, so i'll shut up now. and be careful, i may just take you up on that offer to take it for a spin, seeing as how i'll never ride again unless it's on someone else's bike...
Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM
$Level$

deal.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Did you look at the M109R Boulevards? Just curious.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Derrick- you know my wrists will out last your shoulder ;-)
My shoulder doesn't even hurt on the bike.
He's just mad cuz' I won't let him ride it.
Sike.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

sir loin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blackout
oh dear God.

is it too late to cancel? you could easily regain some of the class you lost just considering this thing and buy a harley, or if baller status is that important to you $21k would be a nice down payment on a custom.

this bike just screams, 'i have money but have no friends to tell me how fucking stupid this bike is'.
i see more of this with harley owners than i do the japanese brand bike owners or ducati owners.

Quick Reply: I'll be back soon bitches. Ducati Diavel ordered