Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

ignorant questions for a ignorant dude :)

Old 09-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default ignorant questions for a ignorant dude :)

ok i went to school tonight..came out and saw my lights were still on(my sv650S 2006) i was like oh fuk...so i went to it and tried to start it nothing happened..so i was like fuk once again., and maybe your wondering how were my lights on with no key..well sometimes when i put it into wheel lock the lights stay on? its wierd i know....so now these many questions came to my mind..and maybe some of you pros can answer em..
can you use a car to jump start a bike...my bike in terms..
and can u put it into neutral and "pop the clutch" to make it start..and if so can someone describe how to "pop the clutch" to start it up?

but good news! another fellow biker must of saw my lights on and for some odd reason put the kill switch thingie on..me not seeing it because of dark and i always leave it on, i finnally noticed it..so was there some reason why he did that, did he save my ass somehow?

and skrooz thats why i called you, but you didnt answer, you must of been feeding your doggie lmao
Old 09-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Whats Next?

kntcdis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ignorant questions for a ignorant dude :)

yes you can push start the bike just like a car you push it or have someone else push you you can do it in either first or second i recomend second let go of the clutch (when you fell your going fast enough to start it) then press it back in just like you do a car it should be on by then if not try it again like you would a car. thats what i did when my battery died. hope that helps, and please if i got anything wrong let me know im still kinda new at this too.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

don't jump the bike with a car running
you may be able to charge the battery with a car but not running.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

I used to have an SV-650 and when you lock the steering, it has the option of turning a little more to keep your parking light (brake light only) on.

To jump, turn key on, kickstand up, put it in 2ND GEAR, hold clutch in, run next to bike as fast as you can, throw leg over seat, stand up and bounce on pegs. On the down bounce drop the clutch.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:32 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
don't jump the bike with a car running
you may be able to charge the battery with a car but not running.

that's a myth, it' won't hurt anything if the car is running.

sorry i didn't answer, been a loooong few days.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:36 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Armenian
I used to have an SV-650 and when you lock the steering, it has the option of turning a little more to keep your parking light (brake light only) on.

To jump, turn key on, kickstand up, put it in 2ND GEAR, hold clutch in, run next to bike as fast as you can, throw leg over seat, stand up and bounce on pegs. On the down bounce drop the clutch.
emphasize on the jumping or "sitting" on the bike really hard when you let out the clutch itll put the weight on your tire to keep it from dry hoping.. used to have to do these things all the time