Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

i went down last night at 65-70mph

Old 10-31-2004, 12:31 PM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default i went down last night at 65-70mph

well, i went down on the bike last night. it was pretty hardcore. i was doing about 70mph trying to catch up to my friend. i looked down at the speedo for a SPLIT second, caught that his brake light came on in the corner of my eye, i looked up and i was REAL close to him so i grabbed the front brake. i dont know how it locked up so easily, but it did, so i let go of the brake real quick and the handle bars went straight to the right, i tried to push them to the left and i went down. the first time in a LONG time ive ridden in just a t-shirt. my shoulder is pretty bad, i got LOTS of road rash, bruises.. ect. my helmet, that i just got painted and havent paid for the paint job yet, is fucked. it definately served its purpose though. i think was happened is i went down and my right shoulder hit the ground, it flew me on my back and my head hit the pavement. i rolled FOREVER it seemed. i finally stopped sliding/rolling i just layed there know i went down at 70mph. i heard the bike still sliding and i kept thinking "i dont even want to look it" some lady saw it happen and came over and asked if she should call someone, but i said i had a phone, and my friend was with me. we got the bike out of the road, it seemed ridable, so i road it to my friend's house and he took me to the hospital.

let me tell you, road rash is NO, and i mean NO fun in the hospital. they had to scrub me with some shit. i cried.

long story short, im done with the bike for a little bit. after we got back from the hospital, i went to my friend's house to look at the bike, and i rode it home. it didnt scare me like i thought it would, but it just sucks hardcore.

all i have to say is.. im REAL lucky it wasnt worse. i mean, i hit the ground at 70mph, with no jacket. im going to take some pictures and host them tonight. my helmet is crazy. granted it was $240 gone, it served its purpose.. really good. i didnt feel a thing when i hit the ground. im NEVER riding without gear again, and to everyone else.. wear your shit!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 12:32 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: i went down last night at 65-70mph

here are some pictures... the bike isnt that bad, and im not either compared to what COULD of happened.. man im lucky

(i took off the front fairing) im pretty sure theres nothing frame sliders would of done here. the muffler, front fairing, and handle bar ends all hit the ground
Old 10-31-2004, 12:33 PM
ASE Master

yea, this is the helmet i dropped.. THANK GOD it wasnt cracked. im convinced it saved my life.. you cant tell in the pictures, but you can see when i hit the ground and it spidercracked all to hell. i JUST got it painted. i got it back friday morning, and havent even paid the guy yet, but it served its purpose well. my head didnt feel a thing.

and heres me... my friend's mom is a nurse, so she redid the bandages for me. i took some pictures. alot of the white stuff is the cream they gave me. they are treating me like its a burn. let me tell you, if you havent had this happen before, hitting the pavement at 65mph was NOTHING compared to them SCRUBBING at my roadrash. i fell on a pretty sandy road.

after the wreck, there was SO much dirt, and rocks in there. it was so nasty. ill admit, i cried.

sleeping was horrible last night, even worse when i finally woke up and started moving around.

just.. please take it from me.. be carefull, watch what your doing, and WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! i was only out for about 10 minutes, and i didnt plan on riding long. i messed up real bad, but i will say, i wont ever ride with out a jacket again.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

damn dude your lucky. im glad your okay. when i had my drop i fractured my collarbone and had about the same amount of road rash but i actually lost consciousness apparently someone said i tumbled a few times instead of just sliding. i dont remember shit. congrats on making it out alive though .
Old 10-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

that sucks but glad your overall ok
Old 10-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Maybe a dumb question here.......................but I'll bite:

Why in the world did you take a fistfull of brake like that? You could have just zipped right past him in the same lane if need be.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

God damn that sucks. Glad your ok homeslice.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:18 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Maybe a dumb question here.......................but I'll bite:

Why in the world did you take a fistfull of brake like that? You could have just zipped right past him in the same lane if need be.
it happened real quick. he was kinda in the middle of the lane, and i was on the right. dont get me wrong, it wasnt his fault at all. theres no way i could of gone around him.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:23 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Ouch damn, Im sure its painful, but your lucky that's all that happend without your gear.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:35 PM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
Ouch damn, Im sure its painful, but your lucky that's all that happend without your gear.
i know. im kinda worried about my shoulder now. it sits about 3 inches lower than the other side, and its hurting pretty bad. not the road rash so much, but deep inside the shoulder. if its like that tomorrow, im going to go get it checked out. they said they were going to get a second opinion about the x-rays and they would call me if anything looked out of alignment. im going to try to get some sleep, but i dont think this is going to be fun..

Quick Reply: i went down last night at 65-70mph